Manage episode 298676105 series 2762947
Join Rent Roll Radio’s host, Sterling Chapman, with his guest Kent Ritter as they talk about how to help people get over their perception of risk in real estate and allow them to invest. Kent is a former management consultant, start-up owner, and corporate executive turned full-time real estate investor and operator. After achieving his financial freedom, he is now on a mission to empower others to do the same through multifamily investing. Today, Kent shares his experiences, from handling larger-scaled deals with the help of a mentor to becoming a mentor himself.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The advantage of having a mentor when getting into multifamily investing
- How starting small without a mentor is still a good option when getting into real estate
- The benefits of the syndication model and diversifying your investments
- What “geographic diversity” is and how it can help you avoid risks with your properties
- How educating potential investors reduces the perceived risk they often have of real estate
- And much more!
About Kent Ritter
Kent Ritter is dedicated to teaching others how to make sound investing decisions. And so, he hosts the Ritter on Real Estate podcast and Youtube channel, providing impactful interviews and practical tips for investors. Additionally, Kent hosts the monthly Indianapolis Multifamily Investing Meetup, a fantastic group of active and aspiring multifamily investors.
When he is not interviewing the top names in real estate, Kent serves as a Managing Director at the multifamily private equity firm Birge & Held Asset Management. In his role, Kent leads the Private Select Portfolio, which has the unique strategy of leveraging Birge & Held’s scale and the latest Prop Tech to create outsized returns from acquiring and improving mismanaged, undercapitalized, and undervalued properties.
Connect with Kent Ritter!