Manage episode 285171600 series 60566
Have you ever considered what affects your lifespan? While we used to think that life expectancy was largely determined by genetics, we now know that only about 20% of longevity is from inherited traits. By and large, that means that we hold the power to influence our health and how long we live.
On this compilation episode, you’re going to hear from ten of the best experts on the topic of longevity. You’ll learn about the basic foundations of longevity like nutrition, exercise, and mental health. We’re also diving into scientific topics like how influencing your microbiome and telomeres can increase your lifespan.
Most importantly, we’re going to explore how to maximize your longevity so you can live a happier, healthier, and more fulfilled life. I hope this episode arms you with the information you need to create a strong body and mind so you can live the life you desire. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The difference between lifespan and healthspan.
- What role our microbiome plays in our longevity.
- An explanation of telomeres, and what we can do to keep them healthy.
- How many categories of longevity genes exist.
- What it means to eat stressed foods.
- The importance of addressing societal norms about aging.
- What the oldest form of strength training is.
- The power of simplifying your workouts.
- How staying in shape can help you prolong your career.
- What a cultural portal is.
- The true meaning of growing older, and why our beliefs are so powerful.
- A distinction between strength and power.
- How exercise can act as a fountain of youth by resetting gene expression.
- The link between cortisol and gluconeogenesis.
- What the Japanese term “Ikigai” means.
- How having a sense of purpose can make you healthier.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model -- Get an exclusive discount on your daily health elixirs!
- Barukas.com/model -- Save 15% off the healthiest nuts in the world!
- Your Microbiome & Your Lifespan with Dr. Steven Gundry – Episode 336
- How to Eat to Beat Disease with Dr. William Li – Episode 345
- Why We Age & Why We Don’t Have To with Dr. David Sinclair – Episode 381
- How to Change Your State & Age in Reverse with Natalie Jill – Episode 347
- Getting Stronger with Progressive Overload with Jay Ferruggia – Episode 253
- Get Yourself in Position to Win with Ozzie Smith – Episode 301
- Secrets of Living Healthfully to 100 with Dr. Christiane Northrup – Episode 196
- The Link Between Power & Aging and How to Play On with Jeff Bercovici – Episode 295
- Burn More Fat & Become Metabolically Flexible with Mark Sisson – Episode 257
- The Surprising Science of Stress with Dr. Rangan Chatterjee – Episode 376
- The Longevity Paradox by Dr. Steven Gundry
- The Plant Paradox by Dr. Steven Gundry
- Dr. Gundry’s Diet Evolution by Dr. Steven Gundry
- Eat to Beat Disease by Dr. William Li
- Lifespan by Dr. David Sinclair
- Aging in Reverse by Natalie Jill
- 7-Day Jump Start by Natalie Jill
- Play On by Jeff Bercovici
- The Keto Reset Diet by Mark Sisson
- The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson
- The Stress Solution by Dr. Rangan Chatterjee
- How to Make Disease Disappear by Dr. Rangan Chatterjee
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation