Manage episode 300382480 series 2771762
In this episode, I interviewed Liz Davidson about how financial wellness and security can impact all areas of your life for the better. Liz is the Founder and CEO of Financial Finesse, the leading provider of workplace financial wellness solutions in the nation. We talk about what financial wellness really means, how the pandemic changed a person’s financial awareness and concerns, and what to do if you have a mental health issue that’s hindering your financial wellness journey.
“Financial wellness is the only way to achieve sustainable financial security.” - Liz Davidson
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- What financial wellness means and how it differs from financial security
- The growing concern of financial insecurity and how financial awareness for some people changed due to pandemic
- How financial security impacts mental health and total wellbeing of a person
- What to do if you have a mental health issue that’s hindering your financial progress
- Wealth gaps that have more to do with income and education rather than race
- How women are more likely to be financially insecure than men
- Actionable tips you can do today to start your financial wellness journey
About Liz Davidson:
Liz is the Founder and CEO of Financial Finesse. As a leading advocate for fiduciary reform, Liz testified before the Department of Labor and consulted with the White House and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) influencing the 2016 decision to tighten fiduciary standards and legislature promoting incentives for employers who offer financial wellness programs.
Financial Finesse was founded in 1999 with the sole mission to provide unbiased financial education to people everywhere. Today, it is the leading provider of workplace financial wellness solutions in the nation.
Connect with Liz
Connect with Melanie
Want more content and support?
Sign up for the Mental Hump Newsletter and get our free Mental Health and Money inventory worksheet. You can sign up at MentalHealthandWealth.com.
Also, we host a Mental Health and Wealth Hangout every other Thursday over Zoom at 5 pm PT to chat about all things money and mental health. Join here!
If you’d like to support the podcast, you can do so here: https://ko-fi.com/melanielockertiTunes!