Manage episode 274786864 series 2155004
Now might be the most unstable time in history to start up your own business. But, for many, it's also the most opportune time in history.
The world is rapidly changing. Business trends we thought would survive are proving themselves to be little more than fads. Business models we thought would be replaced are doing better than ever. It's a rather confusing time to step into the fray.
Kyle Nelson and Eli Libby are on the cutting edge of what's working for today's start-ups. They run a successful media company for businesses trying to take their brand online. And today, they join the podcast to tell us what's working, and what's not working, in the world of business start-ups right now.
We'll get into:
- Why business can sometimes ruin a friendship (and how to avoid it)
- What to look for in a co-founder for your business
- How to deal with conflict in your start-up
- What roles you'll have to play when getting your business off the ground
- What to do when one founder isn't pulling their weight
- Why your first partnership will likely fail (and what you should learn from it)
- How to find opportunity, even in a pandemic
- What a successful exit for your start-up might look like
- Why passion might be the most important ingredient in your start-up
- How COVID proves that e-com WON'T replace brick-and-mortar stores
- One way brands hurt themselves when they go online
- And a lot more