Manage episode 285443882 series 2827607
In this episode, I’m catching up with my good friend Dinesh Gauba. Dinesh and I have done countless deals together where we’ve had the opportunity to leverage and share our networks, our resources, and our knowledge of different spaces.
What makes Dinesh a uniquely great investor is his incredible sense of deal flow. Though he got started in real estate, he also has extensive experience as an angel investor. He sees opportunities everywhere, knows the ins and outs of private deals, and is one of my favorite people to bounce ideas off of.
Today, Dinesh joins the podcast to talk about what he learned from the early investments that didn’t work out, the questions he asks as he considers taking on deals in a group, and things you can do to make sure that your portfolio never keeps you up at night, no matter how risk-averse you are.
- How to collaborate and partner with people on investment deals.
- Why so many people get gun shy after one investment fails and how to move forward if a deal goes wrong.
- Why it’s so important to build a trustworthy team of people you can invest with and stick with them.
- Why the best lifestyle investors are also lifelong learners.
- Key differences between investing in private deals vs. publicly traded companies - and the value of both.
- How Dinesh uses what he calls asymmetric risk reward to make life-changing bets without sacrificing his financial life in the process.
- The questions Dinesh always asks before investing in a new company or going in on a group investment.
- Hacks you can use to piggyback on other highly successful people’s investments.
- How investing becomes fun once you get out of survival mode.
- Steps you can take to optimize your cash flow and ensure you’ll always have liquidity when you need it.
Want the Full Show Notes?
To get access to the full show notes, including audio, transcripts, and links to all the resources mentioned, visit JustinDonald.com/16
Get the Lifestyle Investor Book!
To get access to The Lifestyle Investor: The 10 Commandments of Cashflow Investing for Passive Income and Financial Freedom visit JustinDonald.com/book
Rate & Review If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Lifestyle Investor, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
Connect with Justin Donald