Manage episode 274651943 series 2781175
Alyson and I have some exciting news to share with you—we’ve recently got engaged! We’ve been on an evolutionary journey to this point for some time, and we’re both excited to shift into this next adventure in our life. We recorded this co-host conversation in the mountains of Aspen, Colorado, sitting next to a river at the foot of the grottos. This is a special couples episode all about conscious relationships.
If you’re someone who seeks to improve the relationship you’re in or find the one that you deserve, this is the episode for you. If we can do it, anyone can.
07:55 — An update: We’re engaged!
- Spilling the secret on Instagram
- Making the engagement ceremony special
- The emotions Luke felt at that moment
- Being your full self with each other
23:18 — Doing the work
- Mutual, radical acceptance
- Gravitating towards different environments
- Not being too reactive to the moment and being present
- Things are not perfect but they are almost always positive
33:47 — Returning to your center
- We all need more self-awareness
- How to return to center when you feel removed from reality
- Spending years facing uncomfortability
42:05 — The futility of perfectionism
- You get closer to perfection the less you try
- Sharing how we met in Episode 275
- Feeling survivors guilt for having a good relationship
- Finding the fine line between having compassion and empathy or allowing someone to take responsibility
53:05 — Noticing your dysfunctional patterns
- How two people on different paths can come together through a shared purpose
- Examining your dysfunctional patterns from past relationships
- How addiction damages families
- When a relationship feels “right” because it’s familiar… to your previous dysfunction.
- Having someone on the outside to notice blind spots
01:00:42 — Healthy boundaries
- Knowing how to hold healthy boundaries is the key to any healthy relationship
- Sometimes the healthiest thing you can do is remove yourself from a situation
- Don’t cosign people’s bullshit
- When boundaries are crossed as a kid, they don’t learn how to apply boundaries
- Figuring out who you need to be in order to be in a relationship
01:13:00 — Learning different lessons
- Doing the work yourself or while in relationships
- Feeling what comes up through Source or through experience
- Uncovering lessons through the use of plant medicine
- Finding your personal value and what you have to bring to the relationship
- Knowing who you are, your strengths and weaknesses
01:29:12 — Our need to be respected
- We need to be respected by others, but it can’t happen until we respect ourselves
- Knowing what it takes to put in the work
- Not allowing others to disrespect you
- Learning to value yourself and have the capacity to value others
- Falling in love with yourself
01:39:59 — Higher Power Couples
- Helping people find love or deepen love in their relationship
- Finding faith
- Follow us on Instagram at @higherpowercouple
- Feeling the call to share more expression about love
- We need one another
- Alyson’s Spirit School course: A Life-Changing + Healing Shamanic Journeying Online Course
- Tools to clear anxiety & stress
- Blessed healing energies that serve your greatest good
- Eight very different guided shamanic journeys where all you have to do is relax & let yourself receive
More about this episode.
Watch it on YouTube.
JOIN MY NEW ONLINE EMF HOME SAFETY MASTERCLASS!
Visit www.lukestorey.com/emfmasterclass to join. Only $149!
Are you aware of the dangers of EMF exposure in your home, but have no idea where to start when it comes to finding, and fixing them?
Are you concerned about your exposure to the current 3G, 4G, and 5G wireless networks now activated in most major cities?
Have you attempted to test the levels yourself using EMF meters you found online and ended up confused and frustrated?
EMFs (electromagnetic frequencies) are one of the most toxic elements in our living and work environments. Due to the technical nature of accurately testing for them—and the training required to do so properly—many of us resign ourselves to the fact that we just have to accept them and the consequences they bring in order to use the modern technology we depend on. But you don’t have to.
In this seven-part video documentary series, you will follow world-renowned building biologist Brian Hoyer as he tests an entire home, room by room, to determine the source and level of every known type of EMF.
By the end of this series, you will not only be thoroughly educated on the various types and sources of EMF commonly found in homes but also of the many mitigation tools and techniques available thanks to the cutting-edge technologies.
Visit www.lukestorey.com/emfmasterclass to join. Only $149!
Connect with Luke on social media to learn how to take your lifestyle to the next level, plus catch exclusive live interviews & events:
INSTAGRAM - @lukestorey // https://www.instagram.com/lukestorey/
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/MrLukeStorey/
TWITTER - @MrLukeStorey // https://twitter.com/MRLUKESTOREY
YOUTUBE - https://www.youtube.com/c/LukeStorey
THIS SHOW IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
JUST THRIVE. Imagine this: a probiotic that actually does what it is supposed to do! I’ve tried so many different supplements, and when you find the right one — the one that really works — it’s like winning the lottery. So I was psyched when I tried Just Thrive Probiotic, the first and only spore-based probiotics and antioxidants. Their products have been the subject of groundbreaking clinical studies and demonstrated incomparable effects on the gut, even healing leaky gut. It’s super simple and it just works. You can use code ‘luke15’ for 15% off at thriveprobiotic.com/luke.
CACAO BLISS. Back in the day, I used to have to take about 50 ingredients to make an elixir or a smoothie. I had to mix them together, make a big mess, and it took up a bunch of space in the cabinet. But Cacao Bliss has changed the game. Now I have amazing ceremony-grade organic ingredients like raw cacao, turmeric, black pepper, MCT powder, cinnamon, monk fruit, coconut nectar, lacuma, mesquite, and Himilayan salt all in one. So this is the ultimate superfood elixir, but it really tastes like chocolate milk. It's just absolutely fantastic. Try it yourself by using code “LUKE15” for 15% off at https://earthechofoods.com/lukestorey.
LIFE CYKEL. If you listened to Episode 255 with Julian Mitchell, then you know that Life Cykel are total game changers in the mushroom world, growing some of the most powerful mushroom extracts available anywhere on the planet on coffee waste! My favorite thing they make is the Biohacking Pack, which includes: Lion's Mane for sleep and brain health, Reishi for just chilling out and immunity, Holy Shiitake for radiance and hair health, Turkey Tail for the ultimate gut health boost, and Cordyceps for when you want to do the wild thing or just need some energy. You can use code “Storey15” for 15% off at LIFECYKEL.com.
HELP SUPPORT THIS SHOW!
Love the Show? You’ll really love Luke’s Master Market Online Store!
It’s a win/win! Get direct links to all of Luke’s hand-picked biohacking and health products all in one place, get exclusive discounts, and support the show by making purchases through the web store >> SHOP NOW.
Other ways to support:
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW >> Simple step-by-step instructions
SHARE >> Spread the word! Tell your family, friends, neighbors, and all your social pals
- Instagram: @iamalysoncharles
- Spirit School
- Soul Reboot Course
- Instagram: @higherpowercouple