Manage episode 272710539 series 2793088
"You might end up in a firm that doesn't suit you. You might end up in two in a row. But don't let that put you off. There are so many practice areas and they are so different."
Being a lawyer is hard. Succeeding in law is even harder.
In this episode of the Leading Lawyer Project, Simon Creek, one of Western Australia's best-known family lawyers, shares tips for lawyers who are doing it tough right now.
Simon talks about how a "farmer's son" found his feet in the legal profession and built a firm with a strong culture and a commitment to purpose.
In this episode, we cover:
- The benefits of working in mid-sized firm;
- Finding your niche in the law;
- Time billing vs Fixed Fees;
- Diversity and mental health in the legal profession;
- Options for lawyers who don't find their passion in legal practice;
- The realities of lawyer's salaries;
- Leading a law firm vs being a lawyer.
You can find more about Simon and HHG Legal Group Here:
- I'd love it if you could leave a review and a rating wherever you listen to your podcasts! It makes a huge difference and helps people find the show.
- Subscribe to The Leading Lawyer Project on iTunes
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Have an idea for the podcast, a guest you'd love to hear from, or an idea for me to explore? Drop me a line here: email@example.com