Manage episode 294400979 series 2286515
In this episode of the L3 Leadership Podcast, Doug Smith interviews Daniel Harkavy, best-selling author and Founder & CEO of Building Champions, an international life and leadership coaching company that serves some of the world's greatest organizations.
About Daniel Harkavy:
As a coach to some of the country's highest-profile executives, Daniel Harkavy has witnessed the transformation--both professional and personal--that comes when leaders utilize coaching to turn their paycheck-driven teams into vibrant and successful growth cultures. Since founding his company in 1996, Harkavy and his team have coached thousands and shared their knowledge by certifying coaching leaders across the country. Now, in this strategic and thought-provoking guide, he shares his proven strategy for improving your team's performance while raising quality of life inside and outside of the office. You'll learn the core four foundations to every coaching strategy, the most powerful leadership tools you can and should leverage, and the key behaviors and disciplines of successful coaching leaders. Coaching makes developing people a high-payoff activity. Complete with quick leadership quizzes and a quick-reference road map for implementation, Becoming a Coaching Leader shows you how to leverage coaching techniques to equip tomorrow's leaders and pave a lasting leadership legacy.
5 Key Takeaways from Episode 277:
- Daniel discusses the importance of having a Life Plan.
- A Life Plan is a business plan for your life. It’s a GPS for your life that causes you to live intentionally.
- Daniel talks about how coaches can gain confidence in their coaching and fight insecurities.
- Harkavy shares the importance of self-care and personal wellness. “People who think well, live well, love well, etc, will naturally make better leaders.”
- Great leaders consist of three things: influence, good decision-making, and intentional curiosity.
- Daniel emphasizes the importance of investing in the next generation.
- “Transferring hope and belief into a young person’s life is one the best things that an older person can do.” -Daniel Harkavy
Living Forward by Michael Hyatt and Daniel Harkavy
7 Perspectives of Effective Leadership by Daniel Harkavy
“Better humans make better leaders” -Daniel Harkavy
“People need genuine, healthy leaders” -Daniel Harkavy
“Transferring hope and belief into a young person’s life is one the best things that an older person can do.” -Daniel Harkavy