Manage episode 322165448 series 2286515
Episode Summary: In this episode, Doug talks about how he got started podcasting, what he believes is important for longevity, the benefits of podcasting and tips he has for podcast production starting out.
5 Key Takeaways:
- Doug talks about how podcasting can help your organization.
- He shares his number one tip to get going on your podcast.
- He talks about how to get guests to interview and how he creates his interviews that set him apart from other podcasts.
- Doug shares which feedback have been game changers for him.
- He tells listeners why they should stop comparing themselves to other podcasters.
About Doug Smith: Doug is the Director of Development at Light of Life Rescue Mission and Founder and CEO of L3 Leadership. He is the author of his eBook, “Making the Most of Mentoring”, a step by step guide to help you build and cultivate relationships with mentors. He blogs at dougsmithlive.com, he is host of the L3 Leadership podcast, and he is a sought after public speaker. He is married to his high school sweetheart, Laura, who currently works as an Account Executive at Ivalua. Together, they love family, personal growth, travel, working out, and serving others.
Quotes from the Episode:
“You have to be willing to be bad in the beginning.”
“Try to be unique and creative.”
“Don’t be intimidated by the person you are interviewing.”
“You’ll never get the feedback you don’t ask for.”
“You have to have a strong why.”
Riverside FM: riverside.fm