Manage episode 340526894 series 42508
Today, we're sharing James' recent interview on the RealVision podcast 'My Life in 4 Trades'.
Hosted by Maggie Lake, My Life in 4 Trades is a weekly podcast featuring the brightest minds in the world of finance. Each guest shares insights on the extraordinary trades that transformed their careers and the trades that set them back.
Here's how they describe their interview with James:
"James Altucher has been to hell and back. On the morning of September 11, 2001, James was just three blocks away from Ground Zero when two hijacked airplanes flew into the Twin Towers. He was one of the few who witnessed both impacts, and that led to years of post-traumatic stress disorder. He also went broke and lost everything. But he rebounded and found new success. James talks to Maggie Lake about the importance of resilience and open-mindedness when it comes to trading and investing and why he writes down 10 ideas every morning."
- James gives his trading background in 5-minutes (03:20)
- James discusses 9/11 and his trades in the ensuing weeks. (08:18)
- Preferred stock and arbitrage trading (21:36)
- Closed-end fund trading principles (24:04)
- James' debate with Nouriel Roubini on CNBC - July 4th, 2010 (28:40)
- The Choose Yourself Bitcoin store in 2013 (35:31)
- The importance of keeping an open mind (41:32)
- Mastery in investing techniques (45:15)
(Editor’s note: Topic times don’t account for sponsor ads and may appear a few minutes later in the episode on your podcast player)
Visit Notepd.com to read our idea lists & sign up to create your own!
My new book Skip the Line is out! Make sure you get a copy wherever books are sold!
Join the You Should Run for President 2.0 Facebook Group, where we discuss why you should run for President.
I write about all my podcasts! Check out the full post and learn what I learned at jamesaltucher.com/podcast.
Thank you so much for listening! If you like this episode, please rate, review, and subscribe to “The James Altucher Show” wherever you get your podcasts:
Follow me on Social Media: