Manage episode 306794916 series 2571592
The EV market is growing at a very fast pace.
As the demand for electric cars continues to grow and more companies join the industry, the EV market is becoming more competitive than ever before. Despite the presence of big companies with deep pockets, smaller start-ups are playing a critical role in moving the industry forward through disruptive innovations.
It’s not just the hunger to get a game-changing car that is pushing startups. It’s also the freedom to explore new features and new ways of doing things with little fear of failure. They’ve extended the competition field from speed and acceleration to other aspects such as comfort, safety, cost, and environmental friendliness.
In this episode, the second part out of two, Ed Bernardon interviews Will Graylin, a seasoned innovator who is the CEO of both an electric vehicles company Indigo, and a digital wallet company OV Loop. He’ll help us understand what sets their car apart from other EVs and conventional cars. He’ll also share with us what he thinks the future holds for the EV industry.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What makes your electric car unique? (01:05)
- Why should one buy your car? (07:46)
- Why does a Project Alpha car only have 3 wheels? (11:39)
- How does an Indigo car compare to conventional vehicles in terms of speed and acceleration? (13:26)
- How do you incorporate safety and still get a lot of room on the inside of the vehicle? (17:10)
- Do you think that once autonomy matures, it will play a role in some of the vehicles? (24:56)
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- How the robotic wheel and passive spring work to keep the vehicle stable (04:53)
- The importance of the robotic wheel system (06:59)
- Comparison between a Bravo car’s operating cost against that of other cars such as Tesla (09:45)
- The meaning of primary and secondary safety when evaluating cars (14:48)
- How the company utilizes composite materials to keep the cost down (19:32)
- The company’s view and approach to autonomy (22:17)
Connect with Will Graylin:
Connect with Ed Bernardon:
- Future Car: Driving a Lifestyle Revolution
- Motorsports is speeding the way to safer urban mobility
- Siemens Digital Industries Software
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.