Manage episode 261601005 series 2394102
Personal care manufacturers in the U.S. don’t always make the consumer’s health a priority, often adding ingredients known to be harmful to humans. Learning how to make your own personal care products not only increases your self-reliance skills, but also ensures only the highest quality ingredients are being absorbed into your body. Adding essential oils to the mix increases the therapeutic (not to mention aromatic!) benefits of homemade products. Today we chat with Kelly Cable, creator of Simple Life Mom and author of The Natural Soapmaking Book for Beginners. She has a passion for natural health and creating everything possible within the home herself in order to have more control over ingredients, self-sustainability, and health.
During this time when so many of us are passing the hours in isolation, why not experiment with making your own personal care products with essential oils?
Resources mentioned in this week’s episode include:
- Purification essential oil blend (Young Living)
- Free E-book and printables: simplelifemom.com
- The Natural Soap Making Book for Beginners: Do-It-Yourself Soaps Using All-Natural Herbs, Spices, and Essential Oils by Kelly Cable
- Essential Oil Insiders: a monthly membership with access to exclusive modules, talks, Q&As, and Samantha’s private facebook group. Cost is $15/month (first 30 days are free) revolutionoilspodcast.com/insiders
- Submit a Recipe to the DIY Dugout by emailing email@example.com OR by using the Hashtags #diydugout and #revolutionoilspodcast on Instagram.
Thank you to our amazing sponsors this week:
- This episode is sponsored by Daily Harvest →Get $25 off your first box when you use promo code REVOLUTION
- This episode is sponsored by First Leaf Wine Club →To get your exclusive introductory offer of first shipment of 6 bottles for $29.95 (plus free shipping for a year!), go to tryfirstleaf.com/revolution
- View our entire sponsor list at www.revolutionoilspodcast.com/sponsors