Manage episode 337317312 series 2312028
著作 Dr. Mark Hyman の情報はPlayer FM及びコミュニティによって発見されました。著作権は出版社によって所持されます。そして、番組のオーディオは、その出版社のサーバから直接にストリーミングされます。Player FMで購読ボタンをタップし、更新できて、または他のポッドキャストアプリにフィードのURLを貼り付けます。
The topic of veganism is hotly debated in terms of health and environmental stewardship. But how did the idea that being vegan is the best way to eat for our bodies and the planet develop in the first place? The answer is more complex than you might think. On this episode of The Doctor’s Farmacy, Jayne Buxton challenges the notion that veganism is the cure for disease and climate change and explains how we got here.
A British-Canadian, Jayne Buxton is an author of both fiction and non-fiction. She spent fifteen years doing research-intensive work as a management consultant for a major firm before writing her 1998 book, Ending the Mother War: Starting the Workplace Revolution, which explored the entrenched positions and false choices faced by women wanting to combine motherhood with careers. Jayne subsequently spent years working in the field of work-life balance, advising both parents and corporations, before turning to writing full time. Her new book, The Great Plant-Based Con, challenges the dominant narrative about the vegan diet and proposes a compelling new perspective.
This episode is brought to you by Mitopure, InsideTracker, and Rupa Health.
Get 10% off Mitopure at timelinenutrition.com/drhyman and use code DRHYMAN10 at checkout.
Right now InsideTracker is offering my community 20% off at insidetracker.com/drhyman.
Rupa Health is a place where Functional Medicine practitioners can access more than 2,000 specialty lab tests. You can check out a free, live demo with a Q&A or create an account at RupaHealth.com.
Here are more details from our interview (audio version / Apple Subscriber version):
- The origins of the overarching mythology that veganism is best for human, animal, and planetary health (5:04 / 2:24)
- How Big Food, Big Agriculture, and Big Pharma benefit from widespread veganism (7:17 / 4:50)
- Why the movie The Game Changers was a tipping point for Jayne to write her book (10:58 / 8:13)
- Countries that have banned vegan diets for children (14:55 / 12:07)
- My experience treating vegan patients (19:01 / 16:07)
- Frequent health issues that occur from vegan diets (22:50 / 18:08)
- Navigating the science, and subsequent dietary recommendations, around vegan diets and eating meat (29:54 / 25:27)
- Building soil health through regenerative agriculture (51:05 / 45:35)
- Pervasive myths around cows and methane production (55:05 / 50:40)
- Jayne’s recommendations for how to eat for optimal human, animal, and planetary health (1:03:53 / 59:38)
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.