Manage episode 301298323 series 2868841
Terry Schroeder, OHA Civil Commitment Coordinator within the Certification, Licensure, and Technical Assistance Department discusses:
- Who is the examiner and what do they do in the process;
- What the bar is for an initial commitment versus if there is expanded criteria;
- The nuance around if someone is willing and able to participate voluntarily in treatment;
- Assisted Outpatient Treatment (AOT) - What is the bar? What is the process?;
- The importance of meaningful treatment; and
- The importance of families continuing to reach out for help.
For more information about the intersection between criminal justice and behavioral health in Oregon, please reach out to us through our website at http://www.ocbhji.org/podcast and Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/OCBHJI/. We’d love to hear from you.