Manage episode 293398364 series 2475757
Sean has been training, mentoring, and educating all his life. An exceptionally well-regarded conference speaker and author, Sean has delivered talks for Fortune 50 companies and top tier conferences. He has also been the author of several books on technical as well as business topics.
Sean has also been a professional services firm owner for over 20 years. His professional services work has spanned consulting engagements with the Fortune 50 and startups you have heard of; the sale of his first professional services company, and the growth of delivery, sales, marketing, and operational practices inside professional services firms.
In short, Sean brings a wealth of knowledge when it comes to surviving and thriving as a service firm owner or the leader of a practice area inside a larger services firm.
During the show we discuss:
● How to survive an economic downturn as a professional services firm leader
● Why “No” matters more than “Yes” when leading a firm and managing clients
● How to grow a marketing practice for Professional Services Firm (PSF) that generates solid leads and revenue
● How to mentor sales team members and seller-doers in a PSF so they can achieve exceptional performance
● How to balance marketing and sales efforts
● The Age of Narrow in consulting firms
● Essential tips to keep in mind when communicating with clients
● Why the typical approach to building a firm’s culture fails
● Why context always trumps tools, technique, and process