David "Panda" Chen (Former Deloitte Partner/Serial Entrepreneur/Venture Capitalist) - Letting Go Of Your Ego (Growing up dirt poor, becoming one of the youngest partners at Deloitte despite being a college dropout, finding true happiness & more)
Manage episode 306905868 series 2758862
For today's Spotlight episode, I'm excited to welcome David "Panda" Chen to the show.
David Chen is a venture Capitalist, Serial Entrepreneur, board member of multiple companies, Motivational Speaker, Former Deloitte Managing Partner, and host of the Pandanomics podcast.
Today we're going to learn about how David went from poverty to becoming a successful serial entrepreneur. If you're interested in business and entrepreneurship and love hearing about the rags to riches story, then you're going to enjoy this one. Hopefully, we'll learn some things or two from a seasoned veteran.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Growing up extremely poor to the point where having an egg sandwich for lunch was considered a good day
- Knowing your niche
- Asians fail because we don't support each other
- Not having any mentors or role models while going through life
- Having everything in the world but still felt unhappy
- Chasing things that don't matter
- Everyone can buy a Lamborghini if they work hard enough, but nobody can buy character
- If you could start a business tomorrow, what would it be?
- How big eSports will become
You can follow David on Instagram at @davidchenpanda.Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/asianmenswear)