Manage episode 274243047 series 1382133
Conrad Goeringer and Rob Sleamaker are the authors of the newly released book "Triathlon Freestyle Simplified". In this episode we discuss how triathletes can get the most out of their swim training, even on a typically limited time budget.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
-The differences between swimming demands and swim training for triathletes compared to pool swimmers
-Maximising efficiency and improving your swim technique
-Improving swim fitness, and why you cannot neglect hard, fitness-boosting training
-Training for the demands of open water swimming
-Workout structure, weekly training structure, and periodisation through the season
-Performance testing and setting target intensities in workouts
-Tools and equipment for training in the water and on dryland
SCIENTIFIC TRIATHLON AND THAT TRIATHLON SHOW WEBPAGE:
Precision Hydration - One-size doesn't fit all when it comes to hydration. Take Precision Hydration's FREE sweat test and learn how you should hydrate. Use the discount code THATTRIATHLONSHOW15 to get 15% off your order OR use the code THATTRIATHLONSHOW and get your first box for free.
ROKA - The finest triathlon wetsuits, apparel, equipment, and eyewear on the planet. Trusted by Javier Gómez, Gwen Jorgensen, Flora Duffy, Mario Mola, Lucy Charles and others. Visit roka.com/tts for 20% off your order.
LINKS AND RESOURCES:
- Triathlon Freestyle Simplified: Swim Stronger, Better, Faster - Conrad's and Rob's book
- Working Triathlete - Conrad's website
- Vasatrainer.com - Rob's company website
- Training for time-crunched athletes with Conrad Goeringer | EP#202
- Develop swim technique and power with the Vasa Trainer and Rob Sleamaker | EP#46
- Follow Conrad on Instagram
- Follow Vasa on Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
RATE AND REVIEW:
If you enjoy the show, please help me out by subscribing, rating and reviewing: www.scientifictriathlon.com/rate/