Manage episode 266342875 series 1382133
Izzy Moore, PhD, is a researcher specialising in running biomechanics, economy, and injuries. In this interview, we discuss her research in these areas and the implications of her findings for triathletes and runners.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
-Running biomechanics, self-optimisation, and gait analysis
-Wearables and running biomechanics metrics
-Running economy: what factors impact it, and how can you improve it?
-Injury risk and prevention
-Footwear, and the impact on biomechanics, economy, and injury risk
-Training load quantification
SCIENTIFIC TRIATHLON AND THAT TRIATHLON SHOW WEBPAGE:
Precision Hydration - One-size doesn't fit all when it comes to hydration. Take Precision Hydration's FREE sweat test and learn how you should hydrate. Use the discount code THATTRIATHLONSHOW15 to get 15% off your order OR use the code THATTRIATHLONSHOW and get your first box for free.
ROKA - The finest triathlon wetsuits, apparel, equipment, and eyewear on the planet. Trusted by Javier Gómez, Gwen Jorgensen, Flora Duffy, Mario Mola, Lucy Charles and others. Visit roka.com/tts for 20% off your order.
LINKS AND RESOURCES:
- Dr. Moore's profile and list of publications on the Cardiff Metropolitan University website
- Human Movement Research Group website
- What Type of Run Training Improves VO2max, the Aerobic Threshold, and Running economy? | EP#91
- Running form, biomechanics, shoes, and myths part 1 with Dr. Thomas Hughes | EP#110
- Running form, biomechanics, shoes, and myths part 2 with Dr. Thomas Hughes | EP#111
- Running form and the search for common ground among top coaches, researchers, physicians, and physical therapists with Jonathan Beverly | EP#116
- Running science: economy, strength training, lactate threshold, and performance predictors with Jordan Santos | EP#117
- The New Science of Running Form | EP#136
- Nike Vaporfly 4% – can these shoes really make you run faster? with Wouter Hoogkamer | EP#179
- Running form and training talk with Bobby McGee (USA Triathlon) | EP#225
RATE AND REVIEW:
If you enjoy the show, please help me out by subscribing, rating and reviewing: www.scientifictriathlon.com/rate/