Q&A #91 - Training transfer effects between cycling and running; High-intensity training in Ironman preparation for time-poor athletes; Base-training "versus" HIIT
Manage episode 264748946 series 1382133
- What are the cross-training (transfer) effects between cycling, running, and swimming? Where are the transfer effects strong and where are they weak?
- For time-poor athletes, can a more high-intensity heavy training program translate to the required endurance for doing an Ironman?
- What are the considerations for finding the right balance between "base training" (low-intensity training) and HIIT (high-intensity interval training)?
- Scientific Triathlon website
- Training Plans
- Training and Competition Readiness in Triathlon
- Modelling the Transfers of Training Effects on Performance in Elite Triathletes
- Effects of Cross-Training. Transfer of Training Effects on VO2max Between Cycling, Running and Swimming
- Q&A #51 - What are the benefits of long rides? Can you get the same effects by pre-fatiguing the muscles with intensity?
- Volume, intensity and physiological adaptations with prof. David Bishop | EP#215
- Q&A #88 - Polarised training or 80/20 - how to distribute moderate and high intensity work across the three disciplines