Manage episode 290303448 series 2449597
You probably have seen the IRS has now issued John Doe Summonses against other cryptocurrency exchanges with the goal of obtaining taxpayer information. On this week’s podcast Eric is joined by Kostelanetz & Fink’s Don Fort and Larry Sannicandro to discuss the impact of the IRS and DOJ summonses, and what it means for taxpayers and enforcement. In particular, Don as former Chief of IRS Criminal Tax Division discusses what is going on at the IRS, and he and Larry explain what taxpayers should be considering doing right now if they have in fact dealt in virtual currency and have not reported the transactions.
- Want to contact Don or Larry? Don: firstname.lastname@example.org, Larry: email@example.com
- Looking for Don and Larry’s article on this topic? Click here: https://kflaw.com/the-irs-and-doj-pursue-two-more-cryptocurrency-john-doe-summonses-will-more-follow/
- Want to build your IRS Representation practice and add $100,000 to your bottom line this year? Join us inside https://taxrepllc.com
- How to get the software we use? Go to TaxHelpSoftware.com and use code TAXREPTRIAL for a free 2-week trial, then TAXREP10 to save 10% on your purchase
- Want to call and get through to the IRS in under 3 minutes? Sign up for a trial of ENQ here: https://callenq.com/trn/