Manage episode 280293092 series 1988255
During the holiday season, food is often central to the celebration. But during the COVID-19 pandemic, more and more people are experiencing hunger for the first time, and food insecurity has become a daily reality for many. Today, we’re talking about what some say is a practical solution to rising hunger—urban agriculture and the policies that shape and support it.
If you live in the Bay Area and are experiencing hunger this holiday season, check out these resources that may be able to offer help:
- (San Jose) West Valley Community Services (https://www.wvcommunityservices.org/)
- (Berkeley) Berkeley Food Pantry (https://www.berkeleyfoodpantry.org/)
- (Peninsula) San Francisco-Marin Food Bank (https://www.sfmfoodbank.org/)
- (Oakland/Alameda) Alameda County Food Bank (https://www.accfb.org/)
- (Richmond) Richmond Emergency Food Pantry (http://www.refp.org/)
If you live outside the Bay, you can visit https://www.feedingamerica.org to find your nearest food bank.