Manage episode 258685339 series 2652558
_____________Movement Through Life - Jess Glenny
In this deeply personal conversation Jess share moments of her life that shaped the way she practices yoga and movement. She is incredibly open about her dyspraxia, hypermobility and autistic journey and shares intimately how these have impacted her life. Her courage in meeting these conditions head on shines through and is a deep inspiration to others. Scott and Jess also share their journey of trust as they recollect how Jess felt able to be comfortable practicing in the Stillpoint Yoga London self practice room.
This personal conversation is inspiring, particularly for those who are working through the same conditions that Jess brings up. Jess' story is one of facing the challenges she found head on, in a beautiful and inspiring way.
If you like this podcast then also listen to Scott’s conversation with Laura Graham-Dullaert
Jess talks about:
- how she already felt embodied through dance from age just 6 and how that was truly important for her.
- how she was told that this movement was wrong
- how she discovered her dyspraxia from an early age.
- how she draws on different types of practice to make sense of her experience.
- how she first found out that she was hypermobile
- the differences in hypermobilty syndromes.
- the process of having hyper mobility and how it’s not linear.
- how Ashtanga yoga really helped her understand her body through the movement principle.
- how she came into the Stillpoint room and navigated her relationship with Scott by asking for space and not be helped.
- how she navigated her way back into an Ashtanga yoga self practice room.
- how she now navigates her needs now.
- how practice is about feeling.
- how more approaches outside of yoga is needed.
- how what she needs in relationship to her autism.
- how this turned into listening to others needs.
- how dancing has been the thread that has run through her life and that has allowed her to thrive.