Manage episode 280629684 series 2467879
#GameOfTwoHalves Ep 114: Breaking at the Olympics and the Singapore scene; EPL wrap
Synopsis: Every Tuesday, The Straits Times tackles the biggest sports talking points.
Money FM's Adrian Abraham talks to ST sports correspondents Sazali Abdul Aziz and David Lee, and sports broadcaster Shehzad Haque, as they talk about North London clubs Spurs and Arsenal slipping up again, while Manchester United and Liverpool celebrate high-scoring wins.
Abraham, Sazali and Lee also talk about breaking, or breakdancing as known to some, which was given a huge boost when the International Olympic Committee included it, alongside surfing, skateboarding and sports climbing, as events to be included at the Olympics in Paris 2024.
They discuss the following:
1. Where has it gone wrong for Arsenal and Spurs? (1:18)
2. Why Man United’s title bid could be a “mirage” (6:06)
3. The Red Devils’ underrated straight shooter (8:58)
4. The breaking scene in Singapore (12:26)
5. Should breaking be considered a sport? (14:44)
Edited by: Adrian Abraham and Muhammad Firmann
Subscribe to #GameOfTwoHalves podcast series and rate us on your favourite audio apps:
Apple Podcasts: https://str.sg/JWRa
Google Podcasts: https://str.sg/JX88
Feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Sazali Abdul Aziz on Twitter: https://str.sg/JbxS
Read his stories: https://str.sg/Jbxq
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
1. Where has it gone wrong for Arsenal and Spurs? (00:01:18)
2. Why Man United’s title bid could be a “mirage” (00:06:06)
3. The Red Devils’ underrated straight shooter (00:08:58)
4. The breaking scene in Singapore (00:12:26)
5. Should breaking be considered a sport? (00:14:44)