Manage episode 290175781 series 2911313
In this edition of SSAT's Mentor of the Month, Dr. Jessica Zaman of the SSAT Resident and Fellow Education Committee interviews Dr. Steven C Stain.
The questions answered in this month's Mentor of the Month Video:
- Why does diversity in surgery matter?
- In your grand rounds, you discussed the curb cut effect. Can you speak more about that phenomenon and how this applies to diversity?
- What are some challenges in addressing diversity you have faced throughout your career?
- What are some of the current barriers increasing diversity amongst surgical trainees and faculty?
- How do we advocate for our patients who are suffering from adverse consequences due to their race, cultural background, or gender status?