Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on June 11, 2020 11:11 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 264197122 series 2679851
On this episode, Nancy is joined by Brad Watts. Brad is a licensed professional counsellor, certified sex offender treatment provider at Hallmark Youthcare.
Nancy and Brad have a great discussion about the journey of healing as a family and as individuals after abuse has been discovered.
In this episode:
- The family's journey after the abuse has been discovered
- The process of healing - what therapy looks like
- Reacting to the discovery of abuse
- Conflicting stories, who to believe?
- The abuser has damage as well
- Helping to facilitate open discussions
- Re-building trust
- The importance of the family dynamic in moving forward
- Coping strategies
- What healing looks like for the parent(s) & family
- An abusers path of healing
- Why is sibling sexual abuse not talked about more?
- Normal curiosity or abuse?
- There is hope
Connect with Brad: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brad-watts-47407618b/
Would you like to support the #SiblingsToo Podcast --> buymeacoffee.com/siblingstoo
🖥 To connect with #SiblingsToo go to: Siblingstoo.com
📲 Facebook: fb.com/siblingstoo
➡️ Would you like to anonymously share your story of Sibling Sexual Abuse? Click Here ---> Share My Story