Manage episode 303764602 series 2883145
Welcome back to The Simplicity Sessions, I'm delighted that you’ve joined us today. My name is Jenn Pike, your host, registered holistic nutritionist, medical exercise specialist, the best-selling author of the Simplicity Project and the creator of the women's revolutionary health program, The Hormone Project.
I am very happy to welcome Dr. Shawn Tassone to the podcast. Shawn Tassone MD, Ph.D., is known as America's Holistic Gynecologist. He is the first physician in the United States to be double board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and by the American Board of Integrative Medicine. He holds a medical degree in addition to a Ph.D. in mind-body medicine. He’s a practicing OBGYN in Austin, TX, hormone specialist, author, speaker, highly rated patient advocate, and creator of the world’s first integrative hormonal mapping system.
In his 20+ years of practice, Shawn has seen over 40,000 women and he is determined to remove the myths surrounding women's health. As an integrative health practitioner, he believes that you should have an active role in your care. His work includes studies and publications on hormonal imbalances, spirituality in medical care, whole foods to heal the human body, and integrative medicine.
Dr. Tassone is featured in many publications including The New York Times, NBCNews Online, Stanford MedX, and his book (The Hormone Balance Bible, published by HarperCollins), is now available in stores and online!
I speak to Shawn about the reasons he has followed a career path in women’s health care. We also discuss how women often treat pain and discomfort based on society’s rules for women.
Shawn discusses the signs and symptoms of hormone imbalances and how women can find solutions for such imbalances.Here are the main topics of today’s episode:
- Why Shawn chose his field
- Shawn’s inspiration
- Shawn’s interests beyond the medical field
- How the strength of women and their mindset can hurt them
- Functional health tests are not available in our healthcare system until you search for them
- The SHINES protocol
- Solutions to reset your hormones
- Top 3 signs of hormone imbalances
- Hormone treatment
- Signs of too much testosterone
- Estrogen levels
- Find the connector in your health care
Connect with us -
Thank you for joining us today. If you could do me the honor of hitting the subscribe button, leaving a review, sharing this podcast with a friend, or tagging me on social media when you visit The Simplicity Sessions Community on Facebook or @jennpike on Instagram, I would be forever grateful.
You can connect to this episode on iTunes, Spotify, or Stitcher by searching The Simplicity Sessions, or visiting www.jennpike.com/podcast.
Join our growing community via Facebook The Simplicity Sessions Community.
Connect with Dr. Shawn Tassone -
Hormone Mapping Quiz - http://www.tassonemd.com/quiz
Online work with Jenn -
Sign up for The Synced Program to learn how to tune your body to the lunar cycle and acquire a multidisciplinary approach to balance your body in less than 30 minutes a day!
Interested in registering for the upcoming Audacious Women mentorship? Send us a message via our website at https://jennpike.com/contact/
To learn more about the products mentioned in this episode, visit the link I’ve shared on my Instagram @jennpike. There you can discover where you can purchase these products and how you can start to make them part of your everyday simplicity approach.
Learn more about the products and supports I recommend from some of our amazing partners -
- Eaton Hemp is my favourite CBD and hemp company. They are a hundred percent organic, they're unfiltered, and they are third-party tested. To experience Eaton Hemp, use the discount code JENNPIKE20 at eatonhemp.com/jennpike to save 20% off your order.
- Use organic hemp hearts in smoothies, parfaits, or oats to get great protein, healthy omega-3s, anti-oxidants, and loads of vitamins and minerals.
- St Francis Herb Farm education includes webinars, blogs and articles on important topics including the plant medicines that they create to promote women's health by targeting digestion, allergies, immune support, heart health, brain health, and sleep. I use and recommend their products and you can use the code JENNPIKE15 at checkout to save 15% off your order.
- GoodJuju makes all-natural, plastic-free home & body products that are good for you and good for the planet. Use JENNPIKE10 for 10% off your order.
- Skin Essence is Canadian-founded, organic, non-GMO, and does not test on animals; this company is one that we love and have around the house. You can even talk to the company to get advice on which products may be right to try first. Use code JENNPIKE20 to get 20% off your first order and use JENNPIKE10 to save 10% off every order after that.
- Mid-Day Squares - Use JENN15 to save 15% off these delicious squares. They get you through the day like a protein and fiber bar but they taste like you decided to treat yourself today.
- “...what's called the nocebo effect versus placebo where the negativity of what you say can actually change a diagnosis versus the positivity, and just having that open up my brain…”
- “I'm a robotic surgeon, too. I use the robot for surgery, but then if a woman's having heavy periods, sometimes I'll just recommend yarrow flower instead of birth control pills.”
- “they're telling me I can't have hormones and I'm just supposed to be miserable for the last five years of my life.”
- “fatigue, if you're taking a nap at four or five in the afternoon that's probably not normal.”
- “Testosterone does stimulate hair follicles so it will help with hair growth, but too much can overstimulate it and that is when you get hair on your stomach or your chin”
- “The reason I think we see a lot of thyroid issues is because the more estrogen that's in the body, the less active your thyroid is going to be. And we have that for one, huge reason: diet. Fat cells make estrogen. So the fatter you are the more fat cells you have, the more your estrogen goes up and your thyroid function goes down.”
- “ don't put all the pressure also on that practitioner to know everything for you.”