Manage episode 284033661 series 2869128
Don’t derail your career! These keys to success from Phil Cooke will help you last the long term as a creative leader. https://philcooke.com Find out what makes people get off track and explore the ways you can finish well and inspire others. Whether you’re in media and communications, the film or television industry, these secrets gleaned from interviews with Hollywood studio executives, producers and directors will help you sustain your career.
Please Like, Favorite and Share this video!
Get my new book: Maximize Your Influence – How to Make Digital Media Work for Your Church, Your Ministry, and You
Subscribe to My Podcast for more good advice for leaders and creatives: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/phil-cooke-podcast/id1439369056
Prefer video? Subscribe to My YouTube Channel and Get More Great Advice https://www.youtube.com/c/philcookeofficial?sub_confirmation=1
New episodes are uploaded every other Tuesday. Make sure to Subscribe and hit the Notification bell to be notified when they go live.
Do you have a message or story the world needs to hear? As a Hollywood producer and media consultant, I offer advice for leaders and creatives each week on filmmaking, digital media, publishing, strategy, communication, leadership, culture and faith – to help you get from where you are to where you want to be in your career.
Sign up for my blog and get a free eBook https://www.philcooke.com
Find out about Cooke Media Group here: https://www.cookemediagroup.com
Other Great Resources: Sign up for my blog and get a free eBook at https://www.philcooke.com
Write it down. Get Phil’s planner! Unique: The Ultimate Planner for Creative Professionals https://amzn.to/2M2ixNo
Get “One Big Thing: Discovering What You Were Born to Do” https://amzn.to/2M2maTr
Get “Maximize Your Influence: How to Make Digital Media Work for Your Church, Your Ministry, and You” https://www.philcooke.com/maximize-your-influence/
(As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps support my channel and allows us to continue making videos like this. Thank you for the support!)
*More About This Episode* 8 Keys to Success for a Long-Term Career
- Start writing things down. An idea, an interesting thought – successful people write it down.
- Default to action. Be intentional and make decisions quickly.
- Be willing to take the hits. Own your mistakes and move forward.
- Be ruthless about your time. Dreaming is great, but execution is how you move things forward. If God’s called you to something great, you need to say no to some things. Start protecting your time.
- Stop making decisions. Be conscious of decision-fatigue. How many decisions could be delegated to others? What decisions are you making that don’t need to be made at all?
- Discover your one big thing. Let go of things that hold you back from doing what you are amazing at.
- Understand the power of your story. Your story matters! Think of how your story could influence and impact the way you work.
- Understand the power of teams.