Manage episode 285707884 series 2812961
Liz Faircloth co-founded the DeRosa Group in 2005 with her husband, Matt. The DeRosa Group, based in Trenton, NJ, is an owner of commercial and residential property with a mission to "transform lives through real estate." DeRosa controls close to 1000 units of residential and commercial assets throughout the east coast.
Liz is the co-founder of The Real Estate InvestHER® community, a platform to empower women to live a financially free and balanced life through over 30 Meetups across the US and Canada and an online community and membership that offers accountability and mentorship for women to take their business to the next level! She is the co-host of the "The Real Estate InvestHER Show" and recently published their first book, "The Only Woman in the Room - Knowledge and Inspiration from 20 Successful Real Estate Women Investors!"
Liz has been interviewed for many articles and top-rated podcasts, including being a two-time guest on the top-rated BiggerPockets Podcast and the Best Ever Show. On the personal side, Liz is an avid runner, has completed several triathlons and marathons, has two adorable children, and is a New York Mets fan.
[00:01 – 03:35] Opening Segment
- I introduce our guest, Liz Faircloth
- Liz talks about what keeps her busy these days
[03:36 – 18:51] Liz’s Story
- Liz speaks about her career that started in social work that eventually led to her becoming an entrepreneur
- Discovering "passive income" through the purple bible, Rich Dad Poor dad
- She talks about her and her husband quitting their jobs to become entrepreneurs
[18:52 – 28:34] Working with the Spouse
- Liz shares what it's like to become business partners with your spouse
- She gives advice on how to become successful in business while keeping your relationship strong
[28:35 – 39:53] The Real Estate InvestHER
- Liz talks about their real estate journey
- How they got started
- Empowering women to be part of the real estate industry
- Creating a community for women
[39:54 – 49:41] Strengthening Communities
- Liz talks about their mission to help and strengthen communities
- Staying in touch with her background as a social worker
[49:42 – 56:00] The Contrarian 3-Pack
- What would you say is the most contrarian investment you've made?
- A winery in New Jersey
- What's your favorite activity to do with your friends and family outside of work?
- I love dinner parties where you can get the family together
- We have been hiking a lot lately
- What actions, whether within work or family, offer you the most fulfillment in life?
- Continually being true to myself and doing things that'll set me up for success
- Get in touch with Liz. See the links below.
"Just because something may be the right thing today doesn't necessarily mean in years from now it has to be the same way." – John Blanton
"Sometimes you don't really realize the steps that are made along your path that really are meaningful, but they actually make a big difference until you look back." – Liz Faircloth
"11 to 12 years, people who don't know what they're passion is look back in that timeframe, and there was something that happened for you that could give you an insight." – Liz Faircloth
"If we are gonna invest somewhere, we really want to make a difference as much as we can." – Liz Faircloth
LEAVE A REVIEW + help the podcast grow by sharing it with your friends, family, or someone in need.
Think Different. Earn Different. Live Fulfilled.