Manage episode 279006470 series 2596092
David Michaels (@drdavidmichaels) is an epidemiologist who served as the Assistant Secretary of Labor for OSHA from 2009 to 2017, Assistant Secretary of Energy for Environment, Safety, and Health from 1998 through January 2001, and is the author of The Triumph of Doubt: Dark Money and the Science of Deception.
What We Discuss with David Michaels:
- Why bad science thrives and who most profits from its proliferation.
- How seemingly solid data can be used to mislead and distract us in the guise of fact.
- Why our flawed regulatory system can take decades to protect the public against dangers the industries benefitting from them know are risky.
- What David means when he says: "There are two sides to every story, but there are not necessarily two valid sides to every story -- especially if one of them has been purchased at a high price."
- What we can do to become more aware of these manipulations and resist their effects on our health, our children, and our trust in science itself.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/440
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!