Manage episode 337300031 series 2526733
David Pierce taps into The Verge's reviews team to explore where we're headed with smart home gadgets, wearables, and midrange phones.
01:56 - Verge smart home reviewer Jennifer Pattison Tuohy comes back to the show to break down the news of Amazon acquiring iRobot, maker of the ever popular Roomba robot vacuum.
24:46 - Verge wearable tech reviewer Victoria Song joins David to explore the fascinating world of non-watch wearables: rings, earbuds, sports bras, and sleep trackers. Afterward, we hear from Whoop CEO Will Ahmed about his approach to wearable technology.
53:40 - Verge mobile reviewer Allison Johnson and David discuss the ideal version of a mid-range smartphone, and what are the best trade-offs for the price.
- Amazon to acquire Roomba robot vacuum maker iRobot for $1.7 billion
- Amazon bought iRobot to see inside your home
- The best sleep tech you can buy right now
- Whoop 4.0 Review
- Oura Ring Gen 3 Review
- Google Pixel 6a review: midrange parts, Tensor smarts
- Apple's new iPhone SE is a modern phone stuck in yesterday's design
- Apple should have followed Google’s Pixel 6A playbook with the iPhone SE
- OnePlus 10T review: call it a comeback
- Nothing Phone 1 review: something else
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices