Manage episode 283452884 series 2342628
Join your host property expert Kevin McDonnell as he discusses property news from around the UK and the Progressive Property Community. Kevin discusses a possible 6-month delay on new electrical safety standards, why the UK property market is always a safe place to invest in and how to spot a good business partner.
- Lettings agents trade bodies have accused many local councils of being socially irresponsible and have called for a pause in the push to have new licensing for landlords brought into place.
- Safeagent wants a six-month delay on new electrical safety standards being introduced for existing tenancies pushing the deadline out from 1st April until 1st October. There are an estimated 4.5 million households that need these electrical reports carried out.
- The government has been slammed for missing out Landlords in proposals for new energy efficiency regulations. Property Mark has given its formal response to a consultation triggered by the government about the energy performance of privately rented homes in England and Wales. The new EPC regulations would require all new tenets from April 2025 to meet band C or higher on the energy performance certificate.
- The UK property market was by far the standout success story of 2020. House prices experienced their highest pace of growth since 2015, finally ending 4 years of Brexit related price stagnation. The one great thing about property is the fact that it is a stable market. It is supply and demand, house prices have always gone up and until the supply and demand issue is sorted house prices will continue to grow.
- When choosing a business partner, look closely at their attitude and behaviours before you jump into a business deal with them. Red flag behaviour is a sign of things to come. You need to be very careful of who you chose as a business partner. It is very easy to get into a relationship in business but it is getting out of that relationship that can cause challenges later. Make sure you always have your contracts drawn up legally to protect both you and the other partner.
“I feel the government needs to push this back until October as it makes no sense.”
“Either way it is something that you need planning into your business.”
“Whatever happens in this country we cannot deny that we like on a small island where the population is getting bigger and bigger and we’re not building enough houses.”
“Brexit or not, pandemic or not there is a demand for houses in the UK”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE A NEW INVESTMENT SERIES
Episode One: How to Perfectly Invest £10,000 | The Best Stocks | Property | Gold & Classic Cars
Watch Live On The Progressive Property YouTube Channel Every Monday At 7 PM Tiny.cc/PPTV
Listen To Audio Recordings On The Money Podcast bit.ly/moneypodcastitunes
ABOUT THE HOST
Kevin McDonnell is a Speaker, Author, Mentor & Professional Property Investor. He is an expert when it comes to creative property investment strategies. His book No Money Down: Property Invest talks about how to control and cash flow other people’s property to create financial freedom.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.