Manage episode 268843723 series 2342628
There are over 2.2 million landlords in the UK, but 2 million of them own only one property, is this you? Or perhaps you want to invest in property but you don’t have the funds in the first place? Join Kevin today as he describes creative investing techniques and the benefits of a joint venture partnership. Discover why joint venturing reduces your financial risk whilst you still are able to reap the rewards, how it is possible to become a property investor using little to none of your own money and why your knowledge and experience is just as valuable as cash in the bank.
- No matter which property strategy you wish to proceed with, the most common problem is that you don’t have the funds to do it. The concept of ‘No Money Down” is that you will not use any of your own money however you will use other people's money, aka a joint venture (JV) partnership. This may be a JV for risk and reward or it might be borrowing money for a fixed rate return.
- You have got to invest time in order to get a return. Time is the most important thing, they are constantly printing new money and money is all around us. All you need to do is learn how to attract that money towards you. What you cannot make more of or cannot get back, is time. You need time, knowledge and money.
- Joint venturing reduces your financial risk. Many people will say that they do not want to give half of their profits away, with 100% ownership comes 100% of the risk whereas when you are part of a JV partnership you are able to share the risk. If there is a downturn, you may not have all the money you need to get you through the journey and your JV partner can make sure you are safe.
- JV partners can bring different things to the table, it doesn’t necessarily have to be the money. Why would the partner with the money lend it to you? Most likely because they perceive that you are bringing the knowledge and experience. You have something they need and they have something you need, meaning both people are benefiting from the partnership. Purchasing with a JV partner can recession-proof you.
- Many people will likely lose their jobs after the furlough scheme ends in October. You can use this as an opportunity to help people by using creative strategies like lease options. This will help people to not have to lose their homes at a 25% loss or in the worst-case scenario, get repossessed during the upcoming recession.
“No matter which strategy you want to do, you need to be using creative investment techniques and joint ventures, otherwise you will never get the portfolio size you want to achieve.”
“50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.”
“It allows you to scale quickly but also at a much faster pace.”
“You see who has been swimming with the shark when the tide goes out.”
ABOUT THE HOST
Kevin McDonnell is a Speaker, Author, Mentor & Professional Property Investor. He is an expert when it comes to creative property investment strategies. His book No Money Down: Property Invest talks about how to control and cash flow other people’s property to create financial freedom.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.