Manage episode 290539857 series 2284267
Recently I have been hearing more stories about people in the Bitcoin network becoming interested in unschooling. Or possibly the stories are of unschoolers becoming interested in Bitcoin.....
In either case, why the interest? What do Unschooling and Bitcoin have in common?
Unschooling and Bitcoin
As my family has been learning and diving into the world of Bitcoin over the last few years, I see the link between many of the values that both the Unschooling world and the Bitcoin world hold.
I think the common threads in both worlds are; decentralization, autonomy and freedom.
As one recent article phrased it, "Bitcoin provides power to the users and unschooling provides power to the students." I couldn't agree more and that is why I felt it was a good time to share this connection on the podcast.
Daniel Prince~Unschooling Dad, Digital Nomad and Bitcoin
Daniel Prince is an unschooling dad to 4, an author and podcaster. His book, Choose Life: The Tools, Tricks and Hacks of Long Term Family Travellers, Worldschoolers and Digital Nomads is a recommended read if you are a parent looking to leave the rat race and worldschool. His podcast, Once BITten! shares real life stories of how Bitcoin has changed and shaped individuals and families lives forever.
In this episode Daniel Prince joins me to talk about his personal experience in the world of Unschooling and Bitcoin and why both have become a road to freedom for himself and for his family.
What we explored in this episode
- "The job I was in was sucking the life and soul out of me"~ Daniel's story of leaving the rat race and 'Choosing Life' for himself and his family
- Unschooling and the mind shift we need to embrace it
- The separation of education from state
- How they have found ways to support each of their children's learning choices
- Doing what society expects of you and not questioning - and what that gets you
- Why community is key
- What is school?
- How the top down structure of the education system reflects the top down structure of the monetary system
- A little history on the Gold Standard, the change to the US Dollar in the 40's and how that has shaped the federal reserve, inflation and our world economy
- Bitcoin- inventing a medium of exchange that can be tracked and fixed
- The social (and economic) implications of Bitcoin
- The question to ask- What is money?
Why unschooling and bitcoin? For me, the unschooling journey hasn't just been about questioning the education system and my previous beliefs on learning and school. It has caused me to look at the other institutions within our society and framework. It's about disruption. Freedom. Autonomy.
Disruptor [noun] – a person or thing that prevents something, especially a system, process, or event, from continuing as usual or as expected https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/disruptor
Want to get in contact with Daniel or learn more?
Podcast- Once BITten
Tim Ferris- The 4 Hour Work Week
Galileo XP- Online Self Directed Global School
John Taylor Gatto
Why Buy Bitcoin- Andy Edstrom
The Bitcoin Standard~Saifedean Ammous
Bitcoin Money- Bitcoin Rabbi (Kids Book)
Other ways to help support the podcast? Become a patron~ https://www.patreon.com/honeyimhomeschoolingthekids
Disclosure: When I recommend a product that I believe will add value, it may contain an affiliate link, and when you click the link and decide to make a purchase through that link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. If you do, Thank you for your support.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.