Manage episode 306821462 series 2135834
Microsoft has a bunch of new goodies for developers, but Mike is becoming more and more concerned about an insidious new feature.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Shortcut.com: Shortcut, because you shouldn’t have to project manage your project management.
- A Cloud Guru: In this course, ACG will quickly cover how to connect to various database types. Then, we will jump into using the pandas Python package for data preparation.
- Yggdrasil Screen Reader — Yggdrasil is a new project that aims to create a better Linux screen reader, written in Rust.
- Getting Started With Python On Windows 2021 Edition — Don’t Despair! This Is Gonna Be Easy! :)
- Better Open With — With so many cool Android apps, Better Open With saves you the hassle of having to choose only one default app handler when you click a filetype, and without having to choose between "only once" and "always"!
- Apple's Craig Federighi Says Sideloading on iPhone Would Open the Floodgates to Malware — Apple's software engineering chief Craig Federighi today expressed his opposition to a provision in Europe's proposed Digital Markets Act that would require the iPhone to allow sideloading of apps outside of the App Store.
- WebSummit Video on LinkedIn — Craig is near the last 15-20 minutes.
- Announcing .NET 6 — There are massive gains in performance, which we’ve seen dropping the cost of hosting cloud services at Microsoft. .NET 6 is the first release that natively supports Apple Silicon (Arm64) and has also been improved for Windows Arm64.
- Performance Improvements in .NET 6
- Early adopters can experiment with native AOT form factor
- Visual Studio 2022 now available
- .NET 6 deep dive; what's new and what's coming | OD485 - YouTube
- Building the next phase of GitHub, together — This morning, I shared the following post with Hubbers in response to Nat’s announcement about his next adventure. I am thrilled to take on the role of CEO to build the next phase of GitHub for our global community of software developers.
- Thank you, GitHub