Manage episode 272740279 series 2667699
Are you suffocating yourself and or others with your overwhelming positivity??? Are you thinking there is no such thing as being too positive?? Then this is the episode for you. In this episode, we are going to ripe off the band-aide and expose toxic positivity for what it really is... hurtful, shaming, damaging, and leaves victims feeling alone, not seen or heard, and isolated.
Toxic Positivity and How It Is Impacting Your Emotional Wellbeing
Are you masking your emotions with positivity? Did you know that this is toxic? We often push our positivity as the socially acceptable response to others and ourselves when we should be offering our support instead.
Feelings are natural, healthy, and empowering and not something to be ignored or be ashamed of. It is important to allow yourself or others to go through the darkness in order to find the purpose and be truly happy.
In this episode, I talk about toxic positivity and how we have normalized the response of ‘be positive’ all the time. We’re sometimes pushed to positivity by religion or spirituality where we fail to acknowledge what is really going on but rather putting our emphasis on other things.
Listen in to learn the importance of expressing your anger in a safe and healthy space.
- [4:49] Defining toxic positivity.
- [6:18] How we unknowingly shoot our positivity at others instead of offering our support.
- [7:36] How my therapist taught me a lesson on the importance of allowing people to go through the darkness without intervening with my positivity.
- [9:56] The beginning of the true meaning of positive thinking- being truly happy by feeling your emotions and darkness and later finding the purpose in them.
- [13:43] The power of acknowledging and expressing your emotions healthily and safely.
- [16:21] Learning to move forward with support rather than pushing positivity all the time even with yourself.
Get in Touch with Me: