Manage episode 278740946 series 2788386
A city boy falls for a farmer in this angsty romance. The beginning was definitely a slow start for us, and hard to get in touch with Olu, but Griff stole our hearts in a big way.
If you didn't listen to our awesome interview with Talia Hibbert, make sure you go back and check out that episode! So amazing to talk to her and there is a full transcription of the podcast on the website.
Also - we teased our new chibi coloring book, Color Me Romance and it is SOOOOO fucking cute we can't even. Make sure you check out the website or IG to get your copy for yourself or your loved ones.
Things we talked through in this review:
- Olu's depression and anxiety and how it made it hard for us to get into his character, but had a great payoff in his evolution as a character
- Griff and Rebecca's friendship
- Griff being into all people - doesn't like to define it
- Griff being a sexy farmer who doesn't know his worth
- Olu telling Griff to stand up for his ideas
- Their mutual anxiety over whether the other person is happy with them
- Rebecca staying in the tiny town because she doesn't want to leave Griff
- Griff's slow courtship with Olu until he was ready
- Their great sessions!! Talia writes sex scenes with emotion so well
- Griff immediately deciding he would leave the town to be with Olu
- Olu taking his medication and asking for help from his friends and family
A transcript of the episode is available on our website
A lot of additional listening on Patreon!
30 day free trial on Kindle Unlimited
Free 30 day Audible Trial to read like Shani
A diverse, inclusive podcast that explores romance novels and helps our listeners pique their naughty curiosity with 100% honest reviews, spontaneous singing, life lessons, indecent anecdotes, and bawdy humor.
Check out www.romanceataglance.com
Chat with us on Instagram at instagram.com/romanceataglance
Support us on Patreon at patreon.com/romanceataglance
** Clicking these links may result in affiliate commissions. Thank you!