Manage episode 291699394 series 2788386
We got to geek out with Jananie, the YouTube creator behind thisstoryaintover, and Ayman, the Tiktok creators from aymansbooks, about the full season of Shadow and Bone - our likes, dislikes, and hopes for the future!
- Ayman talks about her all-nighter binge when the season dropped
- Jananie and her love for Mal and facial hair
- Different opinions on Ben Barnes's facial hair - rugged general or sweet, fresh-faced boy?
- What we think about the Darkling telling Alina his first name
- The special effects and Alina's powers
- Bridget wishes we got more Botkin and fighting montages!
- How we feel about the Crows in their prequel stages - easter eggs and foreshadowing
- Predictions for the crows in the future seasons (hop on it Netflix) and the hope we get a good bank heist
- INEJ STABBING THE DARKLING!!
- Jane and Ayman's love for Nikolai and our hopes for a solid love square
- The brilliance and perfection that is Nina Zenik
- Matthias's chest hair
- When Matthias calls Nina treacherous
- Bridget's love for evil Ben Barnes with scars in The Punisher
- Inej's kickass fight on the skiff!
- Our hopes for a seasons long slow burn between Inej and Kaz - Ayman's thoughts on the way their relationship is done in the books
- Zoya and Alina's hug - Zoya in the books vs Zoya in the show so far
- Bridget keeping her kids away from her so she could watch the damn show
- How much we loved this adaptation!!
Get 30 days free on Kindle Unlimited, just for our listeners!
Or listen on Audible like Shani and get up to two free ebooks when you try Audible Premium Plus.
A lot of additional listening on Patreon!
Welcome to Romance at a Glance, a podcast that uses romance novels to dive into candid conversations about life, relationship dynamics, and sexual desires.
As hosts Bridget and Shani review books and interview some of romance's biggest authors, they explore the breadth of the genre, openly embracing the sex, diverse couplings, and taboo to create a safe space for listeners to be exposed to different lifestyles, fantasies, and to pique their naughty curiosity.
Expect 100% honest reviews, spontaneous singing, life lessons, indecent anecdotes, and bawdy humor.
Check out www.romanceataglance.com
Chat with us on Instagram at instagram.com/romanceataglance
Support us on Patreon at patreon.com/romanceataglance