Manage episode 291029657 series 2788386
So happy to have our special guest Christine from Poland Bananas Books on YouTube! Christine has been in the book review game for a decade and is a titan of BookTube and we were so thrilled she said yes!
IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS WAIT TO LISTEN TILL YOU WATCH!!!
We talked through:
- Mal's character compared to the books being an improvement
- The costumes, especially the Kefta's and Inej's outfits
- How quickly Mal and Alina get past their miscommunication
- The difference between the filming of the Shadow and Bone scenes and the Crows scenes
- General Kirigin (The Darkling) and Alina's character getting some delightful smoochies in - we all have different feelings about it.
- Jane asked what we thought about him telling Alina to call her Alexander
- Christine says "Ben Barnes" the way we all feel about him.
- Christine shares what she thinks about the Crows being in the show
- Inej's first kill and how quickly she kills her second!
- The Crows fighting the Grisha
- Inej seeing Alina bring the light for the first time with her eyes filled with tears.
- Jesper and the stable boy giving the flirt game
- Nina and Mattias' great looks, and jabs, and chemistry
- We asked Christine about what she thinks about Baghra
- How Zoya and the General were fucking! We debate if they had a relationship in the books and how he turns her down.
- Alina not being so isolated in the Little Palace and how Alina has more agency
- Christine laments David's upcoming role in Ep 7 and talks about how much she likes Genya and David's awkward looks and courtship
- Christine cried when Alina called the light at the Fete and we talk about the evolution of what her powers visually look like.
- Christine is hoping that Alina is going to go with the Crows back to Ketterdam
- Bridget talks about how the showrunner Eric Heisserer wouldn't make the show without the Crows being woven in
- Our hopes and theories about what is going to happen in the final two episodes and future seasons if they happen!
Get 30 days free on Kindle Unlimited, just for our listeners!
Or listen on Audible like Shani and get up to two free ebooks when you try Audible Premium Plus.
A lot of additional listening on Patreon!
Welcome to Romance at a Glance, a podcast that uses romance novels to dive into candid conversations about life, relationship dynamics, and sexual desires.
As hosts Bridget and Shani review books and interview some of romance's biggest authors, they explore the breadth of the genre, openly embracing the sex, diverse couplings, and taboo to create a safe space for listeners to be exposed to different lifestyles, fantasies, and to pique their naughty curiosity.
Expect 100% honest reviews, spontaneous singing, life lessons, indecent anecdotes, and bawdy humor.
Check out www.romanceataglance.com
Chat with us on Instagram at instagram.com/romanceataglance
Support us on Patreon at patreon.com/romanceataglance