Manage episode 290781694 series 2788386
Welcome to the Grishaverse! We happily dove into Episodes 1 - 3 on the new Netflix show Shadow and Bone for our miniseries! Bridget and producer Jane are going to be breaking down the show over the course of 4 episodes with special guests in each episode.
This episode we're joined by our very own Shani, who was feeling some FOMO as Jane and Bridget were planning the miniseries and read the book to be in on the fun!
IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS WAIT TO LISTEN TILL YOU WATCH!!!
We talked through:
- The differences between the books and the show.
- Mal - and how his character changed for the better.
- Kaz, Inej, and Jesper folding into the story
- Our feelings on the cast.
- How the show looks and feels. Especially the Grisha powers.
- Shani doesn't understand the appeal of Ben Barnes! Natch Bridget freaks out.
- Why we think Baghra didn't fit what we thought of from the books.
- Jane's love of Nina and dislike of the Apparat
- Our feelings on the accents of the Brits vs them being Russian
- Bridget goes on a rant about Jake Gyllenhaal in Prince of Persia
- The timeline of Ketterdam vs Ravka
- Shani admits she's hooked and wants to read the next books
- Plus what we're hoping to see in upcoming books, who our special guests are, and what else is coming up on Romance at a Glance.
Get 30 days free on Kindle Unlimited, just for our listeners!
Or listen on Audible like Shani and get up to two free ebooks when you try Audible Premium Plus.
A lot of additional listening on Patreon!
Welcome to Romance at a Glance, a podcast that uses romance novels to dive into candid conversations about life, relationship dynamics, and sexual desires.
As hosts Bridget and Shani review books and interview some of romance's biggest authors, they explore the breadth of the genre, openly embracing the sex, diverse couplings, and taboo to create a safe space for listeners to be exposed to different lifestyles, fantasies, and to pique their naughty curiosity.
Expect 100% honest reviews, spontaneous singing, life lessons, indecent anecdotes, and bawdy humor.
Check out www.romanceataglance.com
Chat with us on Instagram at instagram.com/romanceataglance
Support us on Patreon at patreon.com/romanceataglance