Part 3 of 3: Elephants in the Room in Revitalization – “I Overestimated My Leadership Ability, but I am Afraid to Admit It”
Manage episode 322392332 series 1601405
Mark and Thom look at some of the unspoken but very real issues in church revitalization. They confront the reality of the issue and then offer a pathway to deal with it. In this third of three episodes, they examine the challenge of realizing you aren’t the leader you thought you were.
- Confession is good, but be wise who hears your confession.
- Make certain you are certain about your own shortfalls.
- Consider it a possibility that you are in the wrong seat on the bus.
- Get a trustworthy coach.
- Take a break before you make a dramatic decision.
- Listen to Part 1 of 3: Elephants in the Room in Revitalization – “My Spouse is Ready to Leave the Church, but I’m Not”
- Listen to Part 2 of 3: Elephants in the Room in Revitalization – “My Denomination Does Not Support our Church”
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.