Manage episode 380694778 series 3332851
Trista Johnson returns to the pod! Trista is a nationally board-certified health coach on the Risely team. She was diagnosed at the age of four, and her work as an educator and learning specialist naturally led her into the role of head coach in our family group coaching program. In this episode, Trista recaps her experience going without a CGM for six weeks. She shares the ups and downs and in-betweens, as well as her experience growing up with a father with T1D, their relationship, and how it's changed over the years.
- (07:12) The reason why Trista went without a CGM for six weeks
- (15:28) Why going tech-less was actually helpful for her
- (29:33) The story of Trista and her T1D dad going on a 5 mile hike - both CGM-less
- (33:37) Lessons Trista and her father have learned from each other throughout their type one journeys
3 things to do now:
- Follow me @lauren_bongiorno and @riselyhealth on Instagram to stay in the loop for when new episodes drop.
- Join us for our annual virtual National Diabetes Awareness Month event: Rising Above T1D. This is a live event for reclaiming your life with T1D that will bring thousands of people together from this global community. You don’t want to miss it. Register for FREE here.
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim your Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before making any changes to your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.