Manage episode 292612275 series 2814830
#027 Alan believes that while college is not for everyone, it is for most people, and planning needs to start as early as the first year of high school. This explains why having a good record in high school is important, as well as attendance, getting good grades, and taking part in organizations and community work. It becomes part of the portfolio to look good for colleges.
For full show notes and transcript please go to Raising Financial Freedom
- "Only 6 out of 10 students actually complete college within 6 years"
- "Students that have a college degree make more than a million dollars in their lifetime more than students that don't have a college degree"
- "In a good school with a good advising program, the adviser will seek out the student"
- "Find a friend that can help you, don't find a friend that's going to make your situation any harder"
In This Episode:
· [04:20] Do you think college is for everyone, and when should that decision be made by the child and parents?
· [04:50] What are some of the obvious ways to prepare for college that are commonly overlooked?
· [07:39] What are some of the main goals of your website; "Affordable College Prep"?
· [09:50] What are some of the costs of college that are not associated with the main bill of college?
· [012:44] What is the best way a student can monitor how much they are spending?
· [12:50] What should a student do after failing a couple of classes, and already reaching their financial threshold?
· [19:55] If a child wants to go to college but is unsure of what to major in, what should they do?
· [21:40] Can you explain the "Ace Advising" from your website?
· [22:12] When did you realize that you had a passion for college prep?
· [23:01] What are some of the problems you've seen that frustrated you the most?
· [24:32] Favorite tips from Alan for students or parents.
· [26:40] How to contact Alan
- Website: www.affordablecollegeprep.com
- Website: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: Affordable College Prep Facebook
- Check out our website: https://raisingfinancialfreedom.com/
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RaisingFinancialFreedom
- Like us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RF_Freedom