Manage episode 303875994 series 2943609
Present and Sober Podcast
'How Stopping Drinking Helped me Heal from Cancer'
This week Kath Elliott is with us to talk about Aussie binge drinking culture, breast cancer awareness and her incredible journey to a bigger life!
Check out her bio below and be sure tune in for a truly inspiring story.
Kath works as an Alcohol Mindset Coach based in Melbourne Australia and has been living alcohol free since July 1, 2019...
On an ordinary morning in August 2019 at age 46, Kath’s life was suddenly stripped bare of the superfluous when she discovered a large lump in her breast while getting dressed to race out the door to work. She instinctually knew something wasn’t right and two days later was diagnosed with locally advanced breast cancer. Within a week she’d been through 15 medical appointments, numerous scans, a small operation and started an intense 6-month program of chemotherapy.
Kath is passionate about building awareness about the deeper human connection you can achieve through sharing your experience of illness and trauma and how choosing to remain alcohol free during this period was a catalyst to further healing and growth.
As a former binge drinker for over 30 years, Kath coaches from lived experience and believes vulnerability and sharing our own stories is one of the most powerful tools in finding freedom from alcohol.
Kath offers a range of tailored coaching offerings including specific programs for binge drinkers and those who have had a breast cancer diagnosis.
She has recently completed peer-to-peer volunteer training and is looking forward to dedicating a couple of days a month to supporting the cancer community.
Kath is now living free from cancer and shares her life with husband, Paul, their three teenage sons and a beloved cocker spaniel.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Why Kath decided she needed to reassess her relationship with alcohol (05.00+)
- How Kath's life flipped upside down in one moment (08.00+)
- How the pressure to drink through life's challenges is such a societal norm (15.00)
- How Kath's working to promote breast cancer awareness (26.00+)
- Kath's website - www.thealcoholmindsetcoach.com
- Kath's TNM listing - https://thisnakedmind.com/coach/kathryn-elliott/
- Kath's instagram - @thealcoholmindsetcoach
- Our FB group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/presentandsoberpodcast
Please come and...
- Sign up to the mailing list - podcast.presentandsober.com
- Come and follow us @present.and.sober.podcast
- Leave us a review 😊 on your fave podcast player (Apple is great)
- Join the FB group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/presentandsoberpodcast
- Share the show with friends - podcast.presentandsober.com