Manage episode 272852951 series 30857
On this week’s Power Hour Alex Epstein interviews Chuck DeVore, a Vice President at the Texas Public Policy Foundation and former California state assemblyman on the California wildfires. DeVore has extensively studied the history of fires in California, and gives a fascinating historical perspective that points the right path forward.
Questions covered include:
– What is California’s climate like historically in terms of being prone to fire?
– How were forests and fires dealt with by natives prior to the Gold Rush?
– How were forests and fires dealt with subsequent to the Gold Rush?
– What policies have been most responsible for making us Californians vulnerable to dangerous fires?
– How have logging policies affected vulnerability to dangerous fires?
– How have air quality policies affected vulnerability to dangerous fires?
– What are the most important policies to fix the situation?
– How can we as citizens get involved?