Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on November 27, 2023 02:10 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 377346057 series 1565393
Nicole Shieh of www.alwayssweetphotography.com came to my attention when I saw her post in Megan DiPiero's Photography group about a marketing strategy I hadn't previously heard of.
She shared that this strategy helped book two sessions, leading to a total sale of $27,800!
The strategy doesn't include any Facebook or Google ads.
AND… This was only her second attempt at IPS.
I learned she's based in San Fransisco and has a small team working in her business that offers photography services for families to newborns and business branding and headshots. English is her second language. She was born and raised in Taiwan and immigrated to the U.S. in 2009.
In this interview, learn everything you need to test free picture days for schools as a profitable marketing strategy yourself.
Here's some more of what we covered in the interview:
- How Nicole started her photography business
- The right time to go full-time with your photography business
- Pricing and packages
- Client's average spend
- How to price your photos to get profitable fast
- The benefits of purchasing photography courses
- Can anyone still thrive as a professional photographer despite the latest innovations in camera phones
- The importance of having a backup plan when pitching to potential clients in case Plan A doesn't work
- Nicole's successful marketing strategy that costs zero to promote her business
- The need to emphasize the importance of accepting free photo sessions for students enrolled in an Afterschool program
- Conditions included in Nicole's model release forms
- Using model release forms to build your portfolio
- What Nicole brings for her Afterschool outdoor photo sessions
- What students get after their free photo shoots
- How schools can benefit from Nicole's free picture days
- Nicole's IPS process as a total newbie
- How Nicole processes payments
- Nicole's target market
- How Nicole picks the schools to send her proposals
- Why Nicole doesn't send digital files and prefers to send out free printed images
- The need to educate clients about what they might spend on photography
- Nicole's advice to anyone who wants to offer free picture days for Afterschool kids or other organizations
- Sending watermarked digital images as a marketing strategy
- Why Nicole does not contact parents directly despite having their info on the model release forms
- How Nicole avoids looking too pushy with her photography business
- What lighting system does Nicole use for her free picture days
- How Nicole sends her school proposals
What’s on Offer for Premium Members
If you’re on the fence about becoming a premium member, join with the $1 trial today and get access to the FULL interviews each week, a fantastic back catalogue of interviews, and have ALL future interviews delivered automatically to your phone or tablet.
Plus, special member-only interviews.
When you create a 4×6 image, make sure your logo and website details are on the participant's image. For example, it's on some part of their outfit or is on some part of the background so they can't easily remove it. – Nicole Shieh
You'll also receive access to the members-only Secret Facebook Group, where you can connect with other Premium Members and interview guests to help, support and motivate you to take ideas you hear in each episode and put them into action. The group also has FB live video tutorials, role-play, and special live interviews. You will not find more friendly, motivated, caring and sharing photographers online.
Seriously, that's not all.
In addition to everything above, you'll get access and instructions on forming or joining a MasterMind Group with other premium members. These groups are super motivating, make you accountable and build friendships with other pro photographers with similar motives to you – to build a more successful photography business.
What is your big takeaway?
Following this interview, I’d love to know if you're taking anything from what Nicole shared. Is there something you heard that excited or motivated you to the point where you thought, yeah, I'm going to do that! If so, leave your thoughts in the comments below; let me know your takeaways and what you plan to implement in your business due to what you heard in today's episode.
I always have a Plan B when I do proposals. My second proposal to take the free picture day for their Afterschool busienss. – Nicole Shieh
If you have any questions I missed, a specific question you’d like to ask Nicole or if you want to say thanks for coming on the show, feel free to add them in the comments area below.
iTunes Reviews and Shout-outs
I check for any new iTunes or Google reviews each week, and it's always a buzz to receive these… for several reasons.
Firstly, it's confirmation that I'm on the right track with the interviews and that they are helping you improve your photography business. That's awesome!
Secondly, iTunes and Google are the biggest search engines for podcasts, and your reviews and ratings help other photographers find PhotoBizX. More listeners mean more interviews and, ultimately, a better show.
I appreciate they gave me an opportunity, so I always need to be on the school's side and think ‘what can I do for the school?' – Nicole Shieh
If you have left a review in the past, thank you! If you haven't and you'd like to, head to https://photobizx.com/itunes or https://photobizx.com/google, and you can leave some honest feedback and a rating which will help both me and the show, and I'll be sure to thank you on the show and add a link to your website or blog if you let me know the URL of your website and your name.
Alternatively, if you've left a review for PhotoBizX and are looking for more backlinks to help your SEO, leave a review for the new Photography Xperiment Podcast. Email me your keywords or phrases and where you'd like me to link them.
Another great way to get a backlink to your site is to send a video testimonial. It doesn't need to be fancy, and your phone will be perfect. Click record and tell me how PhotoBizX has impacted you and your photography business.
Food Photography 5 Day Challenge
Join the FREE 5-Day Profitable Food Photography Challenge with Emma Dunham from episode 520, and start to make the money you deserve from your food images instead of relying on working for a company.
Learn the secrets to attracting the best food businesses to you with a clever combination of simple marketing strategies & stunning images that stop potential clients in their tracks so they are desperate for you to shoot their food now and in the future.
CHALLENGE STARTS ON 25TH SEPTEMBER 2023
All the details are here: https://photobizx.com/foodphotography
Links to people, places and things mentioned in this episode:
Thanks again for listening, and thanks to Nicole for coming on and sharing everything she does for her free picture day sessions that have led to some fantastic family portrait bookings and sales.
I carry my business cards, my business flyers, some free picture days pictures in my bag. I carry it wherever I go. I never want to miss a chance. – Nicole Shieh
That’s it for me this week; I hope everything is going well for you in life and business!
Thanks, and speak soon
The post 532: Nicole Shieh – Free picture days for schools as a profitable marketing strategy appeared first on Photography Business Xposed - Photography Podcast - how to build and market your portrait and wedding photography business.