Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on November 27, 2023 02:10 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 376578419 series 1565393
Today's guest is Albury Wodonga Family Photographer Buttigieg, who needs almost no introduction for long-time listeners and Premium Members.
I first interviewed him as part of The Coaching Diaries when he was working with Photography Business Coach Johl Dunn. At that time, he was on track to take his small, part-time business to full-time and highly profitable.
In the subsequent interviews, we heard how a total shift in mindset had put him on that path. He was full-time, profitable, supporting his family with photography… life was good in the small town he was living and working in.
Then, at the end of the third and most recent members-only interview, when things are going better than ever, he reveals that he's packing up and moving across the country to start over.
It's been around a year now, and I thought it'd be the perfect time to check in and see if a photography business and its lead generation and sales tactics are as easily transferable as we'd like to believe.
Here's some more of what we covered in the interview:
- Why Nik relocated to a different location
- Preparations to consider before relocating your photography business
- Marketing strategies to implement when moving to a new location
- The need to update your website and socials to reflect your new location
- Do you need to change your pricing when relocating your business
- Is it necessary to have a photography studio to have a successful business
- The pros and cons of studio sessions vs. outdoor sessions
- Having a formula for studio photography sessions
- Dealing with the stress of doing studio sessions for the first time
- Benefits of hiring a business coach
- How to have a fun and memorable experience when doing family sessions
- Why it's important to speak with dads before family portrait sessions
- How to respond to clients who ask for average spend
- Dealing with clients who cancel after learning the cost
- How to make dads open up and express emotions
- How to handle the influx of customers coming into your business
- Is it better to increase pricing or hire more photographers
- What's the one task that Nik wants to outsource to lighten his load
- Nik's thoughts on hiring another photographer
- Nik's online viewing process
- Work-life balance as a photographer
- How to determine the best brand name for your business
- Nik's long-term goal for his photography business
- Creating a business to sell
- What Nik will do differently if he needs to relocate again
- Nik's advice for people who want to relocate their business
- The key to Nik's success
- Should you focus more on getting a lead or converting a lead
- The need to create an avatar for your photography business
- Nik's goals for the next 12 months
What’s on Offer for Premium Members
If you’re on the fence about becoming a premium member, join with the $1 trial today and get access to the FULL interviews each week, a fantastic back catalogue of interviews, and have ALL future interviews delivered automatically to your phone or tablet.
Plus, special member-only interviews.
I'm a big believer in sticking to what's working and then making little changes alongside of that. – Nik Buttigieg
You'll also receive access to the members-only Secret Facebook Group, where you can connect with other Premium Members and interview guests to help, support and motivate you to take ideas you hear in each episode and put them into action. The group also has FB live video tutorials, role-play, and special live interviews. You will not find more friendly, motivated, caring and sharing photographers online.
Seriously, that's not all.
In addition to everything above, you'll get access and instructions on forming or joining a MasterMind Group with other premium members. These groups are super motivating, make you accountable and build friendships with other pro photographers with similar motives to you – to build a more successful photography business.
What is your big takeaway?
Following this interview, I’d love to know if you're taking anything from what Nik shared. Is there something you heard that excited or motivated you to the point where you thought, yeah, I'm going to do that! If so, leave your thoughts in the comments below; let me know your takeaways and what you plan to implement in your business due to what you heard in today's episode.
There's a lot of dads that really love talking about their kids. – Nik Buttigieg
If you have any questions I missed, a specific question you’d like to ask Nik or if you want to say thanks for coming on the show, feel free to add them in the comments area below.
iTunes Reviews and Shout-outs
I check for any new iTunes or Google reviews each week, and it's always a buzz to receive these… for several reasons.
Firstly, it's confirmation that I'm on the right track with the interviews and that they are helping you improve your photography business. That's awesome!
Secondly, iTunes and Google are the biggest search engines for podcasts, and your reviews and ratings help other photographers find PhotoBizX. More listeners mean more interviews and, ultimately, a better show.
I strongly advise calling every single lead that comes through any of your ads regardless of what their answers are. – Audra Harris
If you have left a review in the past, thank you! If you haven't and you'd like to, head to https://photobizx.com/itunes or https://photobizx.com/google, and you can leave some honest feedback and a rating which will help both me and the show, and I'll be sure to thank you on the show and add a link to your website or blog if you let me know the URL of your website and your name.
Alternatively, if you've left a review for PhotoBizX and are looking for more backlinks to help your SEO, leave a review for the new Photography Xperiment Podcast. Email me your keywords or phrases and where you'd like me to link them.
Another great way to get a backlink to your site is to send a video testimonial. It doesn't need to be fancy, and your phone will be perfect. Click record and tell me how PhotoBizX has impacted you and your photography business.
Food Photography 5 Day Challenge
Join the FREE 5-Day Profitable Food Photography Challenge with Emma Dunham from episode 520, and start to make the money you deserve from your food images instead of relying on working for a company.
Learn the secrets to attracting the best food businesses to you with a clever combination of simple marketing strategies & stunning images that stop potential clients in their tracks so they are desperate for you to shoot their food now and in the future.
CHALLENGE STARTS ON 25TH SEPTEMBER 2023
All the details are here: https://photobizx.com/foodphotography
Links to people, places and things mentioned in this episode:
Thanks again for listening, and thanks to Nik for coming back to share his thoughts, ideas, tactics, and processes for relocating to a new location and hitting the ground running with his family photography business.
It's good to have always other people around, who in the thick of it, they're doing things. You can run off each other and just have support from a lot of other people is super important. – Nik Buttigieg
That’s it for me this week; I hope everything is going well for you in life and business!
Thanks, and speak soon
The post 531: Nik Buttigieg – How to relocate your photography business and get profitable fast appeared first on Photography Business Xposed - Photography Podcast - how to build and market your portrait and wedding photography business.