Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on November 27, 2023 02:10 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next hour. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 362092971 series 1565393
Ilana Wechsler of www.teachtraffic.com is a Former Data Analyst turned Pay Per Click (PPC) expert.
Almost ten years ago, she founded Green Arrow Digital — a digital agency specialising in Pay Per Click Marketing for businesses.
Following the success of her agency, Ilana started Teach Traffic, her other business and the one you may have heard mentioned in the interview with marketing expert James Schramko from episode 494. When asked about traffic generation in that interview, James immediately said you need to speak to Ilana from Teach Traffic; she is the true expert on the topic.
As James mentioned and I've since learned, Ilana is an authority on Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising, and content marketing strategies for various businesses. And Teach Traffic is where she teaches business owners exactly how to run profitable digital ad campaigns for themselves without needing to hire an agency.
In this interview, strap in and get ready to learn strategies and tactics with Google Ads for photographers as you've never heard before.
Here's some more of what we covered in the interview:
- A brief background of Ilana's past career
- How Ilana got into PPC Advertising
- Dealing with constant changes in Google traffic
- The first thing you need to address when configuring your site for more traffic
- Why is Ilana not a fan of FB Ads anymore
- Why it's always ideal to do searches on Google rather than Facebook
- What could possibly cause a Google Ads campaign not to work
- The key to success with Google Ads
- Getting incentives for offering relevant ads on Google
- Google Ads are completely separate from SEO
- How to identify good keywords for lead generation
- Testing and measuring Google Ad campaigns
- Why are click costs priced higher
- How hyper-targeting works
- What drives the cost per click to go up
- Long tail keywords convert better
- Sending site visitors to specific pages related to their searches
- Are retargeting ads dead
- How to successfully initiate retargeting ads
- What is the Google quality score
- Where is the best place to run banner ads
- Location targeting
- Split testing different campaigns
- Main components of the Google Ad platform
- How to determine if you're paying too much for an ad or click
What’s on Offer for Premium Members
If you’re a premium member, you should have received an email with links to your version of this interview – the full-length and more revealing version where you hear the absolute best tips and advice from every guest.
If you’re on the fence about becoming a premium member, join with the $1 trial today and get access to the FULL interviews each week, get access to a fantastic back catalogue of interviews, and have ALL future interviews delivered automatically to your phone or tablet.
Plus, special member-only interviews.
My preference has always been with running Google Ads over Facebook Ads because of the huge level of intent. – Ilana Wechsler
You'll also receive access to the members-only Secret Facebook Group, where you can connect with other Premium Members and interview guests to help, support and motivate you to take ideas you hear in each episode and put them into action. The group also has FB live video tutorials, role-play, and special live interviews. You will not find more friendly, motivated, caring and sharing photographers online.
Seriously, that's not all.
In addition to everything above, you'll get access and instructions on forming or joining a MasterMind Group with other premium members. These groups are super motivating, make you accountable and build friendships with other pro photographers with similar motives to you – to build a more successful photography business.
What is your big takeaway?
Following this interview, I’d love to know if you're taking anything from what Ilana shared. Is there something you heard that excited or motivated you to the point where you thought, yeah, I'm going to do that! If so, leave your thoughts in the comments below; let me know your takeaways and what you plan to implement in your business due to what you heard in today's episode.
Success with Google Ads is all about ad relevance. – Ilana Wechsler
If you have any questions I missed, a specific question you’d like to ask Ilana or if you want to say thanks for coming on the show, feel free to add them in the comments area below.
iTunes Reviews and Shout-outs
I check for any new iTunes or Google reviews each week, and it's always a buzz to receive these… for several reasons.
Firstly, it's confirmation that I'm on the right track with the interviews and that they are helping you improve your photography business. That's awesome!
Secondly, iTunes and Google are the biggest search engine for podcasts, and your reviews and ratings help other photographers find PhotoBizX. More listeners mean more interviews and, ultimately, a better show.
If you have left a review in the past, thank you! If you haven't and you'd like to, head to https://photobizx.com/itunes or https://photobizx.com/google, and you can leave some honest feedback and a rating which will help both me and the show, and I'll be sure to thank you on the show and add a link to your website or blog if you let me know the URL of your website and your name.
Account structure is the key to success with Google Ads so that you can force ad relevance. – Ilana Wechsler
Alternatively, if you've left a review for PhotoBizX and are looking for more backlinks to help your SEO, leave a review for the new Photography Xperiment Podcast and email me your keywords or keyword phrase and where you'd like me to link to.
Another great way to get a backlink to your site is to send a video testimonial. It doesn't need to be fancy, and your phone will be perfect. Click record and tell me how PhotoBizX has impacted you and your photography business.
Get ready to learn how to improve and make more and larger sales in your business.
You'll find all the details of the training here: https://photobizx.com/salescourse
Here are the main points…
- Take the course and get better at sales or get your money back. When I say get better, I mean make more and larger sales in your photography business.
- The cost is USD$97 and doubles after the live training session on Zoom.
- The live training is happening on May 11th, 2023, AEST. Your local time can be found: here
- Mark Rossetto is presenting and has personal PLUS coaching experience on sales — he knows what he's talking about and how to improve your sales.
- Once you register, you have lifetime access to the standalone course to be hosted on this website.
- Register before the live training and get FREE access to the Online Photography Sales Masterclass.
- If you want to get better at sales in your photography business, don't miss this one.
Registration and more details here: https://photobizx.com/salescourse
Thanks again for listening, and thanks to Ilana for sharing her thoughts, ideas and experience on how to approach strategic advertising in today's super competitive market by utilising Google AdWords, banner ads and retargeting in hyper target approaches to get in front of our potential clients and stay there.
I am a big fan of retargetting on more than one platform. – Ilana Wechsler
That’s it for me this week; I hope everything is going well for you in life and business!
Thanks, and speak soon
The post 513: Ilana Wechsler – Google Ads for photographers like you’ve never heard before appeared first on Photography Business Xposed - Photography Podcast - how to build and market your portrait and wedding photography business.