Episode 36 - Peloton Tread+ Safety Concerns, Global Yoga & 3 New Coaches, Spanish language classes & more
Manage episode 290780504 series 2777438
Welcome to Episode 36 of Pelo Buddy TV, an unofficial Peloton podcast & Peloton news show. This week we cover the following topics:
- A government safety agency issued an urgent safety warning over the Peloton Tread+. Peloton has characterized the warning as misleading and John Foley has said there are no plans for a recall.
- Peloton Yoga has gone global. The studio was refreshed and there are new Yoga collections & challenges. 3 new yoga coaches were announced as well: Mariana Fernández, Kirra Michel & Nico Sarani.
- Peloton has officially added a new language: Spanish language classes are now being taught on Peloton.
- A Mother’s Day discount is available: $150USD/$200CAD off accessories with purchases of an original Peloton bike.
- Q3 2021 earnings call will take place Thursday, May 6th @ 5:00pm ET.
- Peloton is mailing random packages to members to get them excited about Homecoming next weekend.
- Jess Sims had to cut a class short, saying she needed to listen to her body.
- Cody Rigsby & Matty Maggiacomo led some RuPaul’s Drag Race classes.
- Cody Rigsby had his first Live DJ ride in more than a year with DJ John Michael.
- The next Verzuz artist series took place, with this one featuring Timbaland vs Swizz Beatz.
- Erik Jager led a German language artist series ride with Herbert Gronemeyer.
- The “One Team Challenge” officially starts this week.
- Peloton had a small apparel drop of Mother’s Day items in the US/Canada/Germany.
- Well & Good had an interview featuring Tunde Oyeneyin.
- Ally Love was featured in an article on Shondaland.
- Amanda & Janina share their class picks of the week
While John was on vacation this week, we have Janina Wiggins (#FITishGambino) as a special guest co-host.
You can find links to full articles on each of these topics from the episode page here: https://www.pelobuddy.com/pelo-buddy-tv-episode-36/
Please leave us a review on whatever podcast platform you are listening to the show on! Also let us know your feedback. You can contact us at email@example.com – we’d love to hear your thoughts on ways to improve the show, or what guests to feature in future weeks.