Manage episode 289128513 series 2777438
Welcome to Episode 33 of Pelo Buddy TV, an unofficial Peloton podcast & Peloton news show. This week we cover the following topics:
- Several instructors appear to be dropping hints Peloton boxing is on the way.
- The yoga studios are closed until April 18th so they can “work on some new things.”
- All live classes are cancelled April 4 & 5 to give employees time to “pause and reflect.”
- The $420 million Precor acquisition has now been officially completed.
- A new partnership with Verzuz was announced. The first series was Brandy v Monica.
- A Justin Bieber artist series was announced as well.
- Hannah Corbin celebrated her 7 year anniversary with Peloton with a special ride.
- The “Your Monthly Strength Stack” was updated for April with Selena Samuela classes.
- A Peloton Strength Bracket is taking place on Peloton’s social media.
- The Peloton x Chase partnership is being expanded with bonus points for hardware purchases.
- Peloton has won a court case brought by the former designer of the original Peloton Bike.
- Karen Lawson has been announced as the country lead for Peloton Australia.
- Custom Mix Levels (More Instructor / More Music) is now available for iOS and the website.
- Erik & Irene are now recording from a temporary studio in Munich until they can travel again.
- Robin Arzon & Cody Rigsby have both recently announced partnerships with different massage gun companies – Cody with Theragun and Robin with Hyperice
- Sam Yo shared an important message on the Peloton Blog – “The Places I Come From”
- Jess Sims has officially returned with new live classes after an extended break.
- Denis Morton is raising money for Yards for Yearly through the One Love Foundation.
- Slate asks whether Peloton can survive gyms reopening.
- Amanda and Richard share their picks of the week.
John is on vacation this week so we have a special guest cohost this week, Richard Denham.
You can find links to full articles on each of these topics from the episode page here: https://www.pelobuddy.com/pelo-buddy-tv-episode-33/
Please leave us a review on whatever podcast platform you are listening to the show on! Also let us know your feedback. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to hear your thoughts on ways to improve the show, or what guests to feature in future weeks. Also, if you get a shoutout and would like to be featured in the community shoutouts segment of the show, send in a video clip of your shoutout to email@example.com.