Manage episode 300109783 series 2922369
The Center for Internet Security is a nonprofit organization with the mission to 'identify, develop, validate, promote, and sustain best practice solutions for cyber defense.’ Experts and IT professionals from different governments, institutes, and businesses across the globe are participating and finalizing the controls based on the consensus decision-making model.
Now let us link this to why it is essential for every one of us and every organization. I have got a chance to read the article on data breaches affecting millions of users and some of the biggest breaches in recent times published by CSOonline with the title “The 15 biggest data breaches of the 21st century.”
The CIS Controls consists of a recommended best practices to secure systems and devices, and CIS Benchmarks are rules for hardening specific operating systems, middleware, software applications, and network devices. The CIS Controls and the CIS Benchmarks are developed using a consensus-based approach by communities of experts.
CIS controls have been mapped to many other standards and regulatory frameworks, for example. the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), the ISO 27000, PCI DSS, HIPAA, and many others.
The decision must consider an organization’s requirements, evaluation criteria, and architecture principles.
In CIS 8 the number of controls is reduced to 18 from 20 in CIS 7. CIS 8 contains 153 Safeguards, which were called sub-controls in CS7 and they were 171 sub-controls
CIS Security areas to assist you in preparing cloud security architecture
- What is the role of CIS and how it is playing to ensure secure internet
- What are CIS Benchmarks & benefits?
- What are the seven core categories of CIS Benchmarks?
- Basics of CIS Controls 7 & CIS Controls 8
- What different cloud vendors provide you to meet CIS Benchmarks?
- Center for Internet Security
- CIS Benchmarks
- The 18 CIS Controls
- CSOonline “The 15 biggest data breaches of the 21st century.”
- 5 of the Top Questionnaires for IT Vendor Assessments
- CIS Foundations Benchmark for Oracle Cloud
- 94- How to develop a cloud migration strategy?
- 93- Cloud Migration Workload Assessment
- 91- Workload Migration to Cloud – Getting Started